+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 26yo's Dorado and Caiman SEG impressions

I'm Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by wee tee cee View Post
    Nick,
    Great to see you on here,glad you enjoyed the loan.

Stan supplied the seg firmware/linear psu with the dorado i was confident you would be suitably impressed.

great to get a perspective from you and Matt....younger ears with different musical tastes.

always good to get another set of ears corroborate what you are hearing.
    What you gave me is exactly what I need for my headphone rig. I'll be purchasing very soon!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Hifi: Innuos Zen Mini MKIII > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Quad Vena II > Custom Clyde interconnects > TA Monoblocks > Tellurium Black > Reiver Millburn MK II (Custom super tweeters & TQ Black Jumpers).

Headphone Rig: MacBook Pro/Google CCA > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Beresford SEG > Custom Clyde interconnects > Beresford Capella > Sennheiser 700s

I'm Geoff.

Stan,

have you considered a one box SEG with Dorado and linear power supply built in?

I'm tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    What you gave me is exactly what I need for my headphone rig. I'll be purchasing very soon!

Great news...when you get it i will show you how to adjust the gain to suit your 700s.

I'm Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by wee tee cee View Post
    Great news...when you get it i will show you how to adjust the gain to suit your 700s.
    I'd welcome that, I was lost with all those dials haha

Hifi: Innuos Zen Mini MKIII > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Quad Vena II > Custom Clyde interconnects > TA Monoblocks > Tellurium Black > Reiver Millburn MK II (Custom super tweeters & TQ Black Jumpers).

Headphone Rig: MacBook Pro/Google CCA > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Beresford SEG > Custom Clyde interconnects > Beresford Capella > Sennheiser 700s

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    Stan,

have you considered a one box SEG with Dorado and linear power supply built in?
    It is already on my website as a package. The latest SEG even has the SEG-30 firmware already installed.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyB View Post
    It is already on my website as a package. The latest SEG even has the SEG-30 firmware already installed.
    Stan,

I can see the bundle but I meant having all the components in a single case. With all my components the wiring setup is like a fettuccine dish!

Geoff

I'm Nick.

Stan,

I can see the bundle but I meant having all the components in a single case. With all my components the wiring setup is like a fettuccine dish!

Geoff
    Maybe try a DIY solution. I picture a box with the front missing (so you can access power buttons and volume controls etc) and holes in the back for a few centimetres of cable to come out of. Your cable excess would sit in the box, out of sight

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    Maybe try a DIY solution. I picture a box with the front missing (so you can access power buttons and volume controls etc) and holes in the back for a few centimetres of cable to come out of. Your cable excess would sit in the box, out of sight

I was thinking of a more radical approach involving an internal linear power supply to feed the Dorado. I think this would be something that many Beresford fans would go for. Super SEG so to speak!

I'm Nick.

I was thinking of a more radical approach involving an internal linear power supply to feed the Dorado. I think this would be something that many Beresford fans would go for. Super SEG so to speak!
    It would certainly be cleaner for a pro to build a device like that but there's something to be said for a homemade solution too.

I'd jump at a Super SEG! haha

I'm Paul.

Well thats the name sorted

Stan, for the 5v 'Dorado' I believe you are working on will this be a one box implementation?

i am about to pull the trigger on a 5v linear psu but i may hold out if your new design is the only box I'll need to power my rpi/digione.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Current system:
    RPi + Allo Digione
    Beresford Caiman Seg & Dorado powered by 15v Linear PSU
    Transcendent Sound Mini Beast OTL
    Amptastic Mini-1
    Klipsch KG4.5 Speakers with Titanium Diagphrams and Sonicap Cap upgrade
    110aH Leisure Battery powers the Mini-1 & Digione

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12