+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Caiman SEG CMOS Clock modification

Quote Originally Posted by rxjr View Post
    does the new caiman seg come with the cmos clock upgrade installed or is this a separate issue? additionally, new caiman seg come with the upgrade chip?
    The new SEG comes with the upgraded firmware and a change in colour of the volume knob to black. The clock is a separate upgrade that is only done to units that have had time to burn in.

I'm rex.

thanks for your reply stanley B. I was hoping a new caiman seg would also come with the cmos clock upgrade, because, as I am located in the USA, sending a unit back to you then back to me for the upgrade is not really a feasible and practical matter. well maybe someday. thanks again.

I'm Steven.

Why is the clock mod only for burned in units Stan?

And rxjr, maybe it is possible for Stan to burn in a new unit for you so he can send you an upgraded SEG right at once. As a bonus to the world that would also reduce the ecological footprint and please our beloved Caimans, Bushmasters and all the others of our living friends.

Disclaimer: the above is just an idea, I do not want to burden Stan with extra workload.
    Yamaha - Pioneer - Bluesound - Squeezebox - Beresford - Chario - MJ Acoustics - iBasso

Yamaha RX-V1300 * Bluesound Node 2 * Pioneer DV-656A SACD/DVDA * Squeezebox Touch + BotW linear psu + SBooster * Bushmaster Mk2 + Beresford Dorado * Beresford Capella * Chario Syntar 200T (front) + Chario Syntar 200 (rear) + Chario Syntar Dialoque (center) * MJ Acoustics Pro50 (sub) * LG OLED 55C8 * iBasso D2+ * beyerdynamic DT990/250 * Belkin AV 53001 speaker cables * Mark Grant G1000HD ic * Silver High Breed ic * Mike Homar WBT'ed digital coax * Beresford TRC-222 digital coax * Supra USB * Beresford TC 3618 toslink

Steven

I'm rex.

great idea fi-wi. don't see a huge reason why this could not be done without hopefully not causing undue hardship on stanley b. well, only he can really anwer this question. great input. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by rxjr View Post
    great idea fi-wi. don't see a huge reason why this could not be done without hopefully not causing undue hardship on stanley b. well, only he can really anwer this question. great input. thanks.
    I sent you a PM sometime last week.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12