+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pro-ject RS phono stage, any love?

I'm Neil.

Default Pro-ject RS phono stage, any love?

Considering a change and wondering if any users on here with observations.
    I have a few decent carts, always thought about getting a phono with easily adjustable loadings etc and this seems set at a decent price point.
    What benefits if any over good quality non adjustable phonostages/ head amps/step ups?...or a recipe for continuous neurosis?
    Thanks Neil

I'm Peter.

I've been using one for quite a while now, really impressed by it. It replaced a Pure Sound p10 and t10 combo, for me a noticeable improvement. I'm also using the RS Pre amp with dedicated power supply which replaced an Audionote pre amp. If you can get past some perceived brand name perceptions these are seriously good bits of gear in my opinion. The rest of my gear is a Radford amp with Triangle speakers and Garrard 301 with 12" and 7" arms. The cartridges range from Ortofon through Denon and Audio Technica and a few more. No real top end stuff, I baulk at any thing to much over £500 these days, but some well regarded carts in there none the less. Again in my opinion, with the usual provisos, my room, my gear, my ears stuff, it's well worth giving one a go.

I'm stuart.

+ Reply to Thread