+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this a ferrofluid tweeter ?

I'm Andrew.

Default Is this a ferrofluid tweeter ?

I have these lovely Telefunken TL800 speakers and one of which has an issue with one super tweeter, it tests fine with the multi meter , I have replaced the caps to it , I have resoldered the joints , so I’m now thinking perhaps I just can’t hear it ( I can hear it on the other speaker ) .
    Could this be a possibility if it is a ferrofluid tweeter in need of new fluid ?
    If this isn’t the case then they will soon appear in private exhibitions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Grant.

if its a supertweeyer you shouldnt really be able to hear it;just feel its presence. might be the one you can hear has wrong value cap
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Highly unlikely that ferrofluid was used in a tweeter that old.

I'm Andrew.

Cheers guys , been pulling my little bit of hair out , I’ll now do the caps in the other one then compare .

I'm Deleted.

Grant is right, in theory, but you can hear something from all the super tweeters I’ve ever encountered.
    Account Deleted

I'm Andrew.

Default Is this a ferrofluid tweeter ?

Well I’ve now replaced the caps in the other one and it’s working properly and I can hear the super tweeter, interestingly all the old caps tested fine too.
    I have since removed the offending ST and rigged it up in line with a capacitor directly to the speaker wire and it IS working! So I am flummoxed .

I'm Alan.

Broken wire? If the crossover is on a pcb check for cracked tracks, I had that in a sloppily mounted crossover board.

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Broken wire? If the crossover is on a pcb check for cracked tracks, I had that in a sloppily mounted crossover board.
    I replaced the wires too , could be a cracked track but I can’t see it if that is the case .

I'm Deleted.

Dry solder joint?
    Account Deleted

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    Dry solder joint?
    Resoldered them all in the super tweeter circuit .
    Cheers Mark
    Given up now , they’ve beaten me .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast