+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AOS Is Now TapaTalk Compatible

I'm Nick.

Default AOS Is Now TapaTalk Compatible

I'm pleased to announce that we've now installed the TapaTalk vBulletin plug-in. TapaTalk is a mobile phone application that presents a quick, attractive and well-featured Mobile browsing interface for Forums which improves on the basic functionality you get on a small screen using a traditional browser.

iPhone and Android OS phones work with it at present. There's a Blackberry app in Beta, and a Nokia app in the pipeline.

I would appreciate feedback on how this looks and feels - I do not have a compatible phone so can't try it out myself! iPhone and Android users please post screenshots if you can!

Any feedback should be posted in Critics Corner.

http://www.tapatalk.com/
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

I'm Nick.

From the Tapatalk site:

Tapatalk is a mobile forum app for iPhone / Android and soon to be on Blackberry and Nokia. Tapatalk supports vBulletin (3.x and 4.x) and phpBB forums and forum owner can activate this service for free. Tapatalk supports all the usual forum functions plus full screen image viewing, image upload, caching (less reload), private messaging, all these features are accessible in just a few simple taps.
    Nick
    My system...

I'm Nick.

Tapatalk Clients are now available for Windows 7 Phone and Windows 6.5.

Board Express for Windows 7 Phone: http://www.board-express.com/
    Rapid Read (Beta) for Windows 6.x: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=807820

I have not had the opportunity to try or test how well the forum plays with these two, and Rapid Read is still in Beta, so expect it to be a bit buggy, but both are using the official Tapatalk API and have been recommended by Tapatalk themselves.

Any Windows Mobile 6.5 or Windows Phone 7 users here may want to check it out and report their experiences in Critics Corner.
    Nick
    My system...

I'm Nick.

Tapatalk and the forum are now Push Notification enabled, so if you like to keep on top of thread subscriptions you can now do this within the Tapatalk App rather than just via email notifications. You can control this through Notification Centre within your iOS Settings. I will post up some screenshots later.

Users of Tapatalk on other mobile OS's can PM me some screenshots / instructions which I will post up here. Unfortunately I don't run Android, Windows or Blackberry so can't put together my own notes about these.

Thank you.
    Nick
    My system...

I'm Nick.

I have temporarily disabled TapaTalk while I try and isolate the issue resulting in Malware warnings for some users.

My apologies for the inconvenience this causes, I am a big user of TapaTalk, and hopefully it will just be a temporary measure.
    Nick
    My system...

I'm Nick.

Tapatalk is now back on.
    Nick
    My system...

I'm Nick.

And following the upgrade to VB4, it's back on again. Enjoy!
    Nick
    My system...

I'm Nick.

If anyone is having issue with Tapatalk can they post their experiences to the thread linked to in Mark's quote below:

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    Oh does it? I just tried it on my iphone 5 and it comes up with the error message:

Server error occured: 'Class 'vB_Template_Runtime' not found (config.php:42)'
    http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...749#post451749
    Nick
    My system...

MartinT Guest

Default TapaTalk Now Available for Windows Phone

There are two excellent Apps now available for seeing The Art of Sound on your Windows Phone:

TapaTalk for Windows Phone
    Board Express for Windows Phone

I have tested both and they work nicely with AoS.

+ Reply to Thread