+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goth and Steampunk Weekend in Whitby

I'm Shaun.

Default Goth and Steampunk Weekend in Whitby

Sue and I were at the Whitby weekend on Friday 26th October 2018 where I took a few photo's of the participants with their permission of course. It never ceases to amaze me how many photographers shove lenses in peoples faces and then get arsey when the people tell them to shove off. As usual for this kind of event, the participants were so kind and well mannered. Lunch was in a pie and mash shop and was bloody excellent. Whitby is such a fine place.

Photographs are here:

http://www.psyfa.co.uk/whitby%20goths.htm

I'm Alan.

Great shots.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Great shots.
    never ceases to amaze the way folk dress up Alan
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Graham.

Excellent work! Brava!
    GrahamS - It's not what you hear that counts, it's what you think you hear........

Present Kit: NAD 326BEE, NAD C515BEE CD player, JVC QL-7 DD turntable, JVC Tonearm, Shure M97Ve, Audio Technica AT95EX, Pickering V15, JVC Z1E, Wharfedale Diamond 230s, Visual Rio interconnects and My Ears.

I'm Neil.

Very cool
    Regards Neil

I'm Shaun.

Thank you once again for your comments. The weather was dreadful at about six degrees and the icy blast from the North Sea made it a helluva lot worse. Today we have shedloads of sleet and ice. Regarding the photo's though, I do the best I can with what I have. There is only so much I will throw at things money wise before I turn away. Same with hi-fi I guess.

I'm Graham.

Quote Originally Posted by Haselsh1 View Post
    Regarding the photo's though, I do the best I can with what I have. There is only so much I will throw at things money wise before I turn away. Same with hi-fi I guess.
    It's whats behind the camera that creates the images......
    GrahamS - It's not what you hear that counts, it's what you think you hear........

Present Kit: NAD 326BEE, NAD C515BEE CD player, JVC QL-7 DD turntable, JVC Tonearm, Shure M97Ve, Audio Technica AT95EX, Pickering V15, JVC Z1E, Wharfedale Diamond 230s, Visual Rio interconnects and My Ears.

I'm Paul.

Really good set of portraits there, Shaun.
    ~Paul~

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamS View Post
    It's whats behind the camera that creates the images......

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalsea View Post
    Really good set of portraits there, Shaun.
    Thank you so much Paul

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast