+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Isonoe feet for Technics SL1200g

I'm alan.

Default Isonoe feet for Technics SL1200g

I used a set of Isonoe feet on my Technics SL1200 MK2 and removed them when I sold the deck. I now have a 1200g and wonder if anyone has tried the Isonoe out on the "super" deck. I really don't want to go through the process of swapping the feet out several times as I'm getting on and the deck is really heavy. So if anyone thinks it's worthwhile I will probably just swap the feet out and leave it. Obviously the new feet should (emphasis on should) be better than the old ones so I suppose there's a chance it might not be worthwhile. FYI the deck is on a dedicated wall-mounted turntable shelf. Thanks in advance. Hope I haven't opened the proverbial can of worms.

I'm Hugo.

The SL-1200G might be too heavy for a set of Isonoes designed for the old Mk2, but there’s no harm in trying them out since the threads are the same.

I'm Mike.

Much prefer the sound of screw in RDC cones to Isonoes even with the addition of Techniboots on my 1200 Mk2.

Be interested to know how the latest Black Ravioli make any 1200 sound.
    Best of all I bet
    Last edited by MikeMusic; 28-10-2018 at 11:09.
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Mike.

I have Isonoes in my 1210 Mk5 don't think they made much difference to be honest.

Kept them on but only because I have away the originals

I'm steve.

If you’re using the Techie on a wall mount I doubt very much that changing the feet will make any difference as you’ve already got rid of the primary possibility of vibration by moving it off floor based furniture.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Hugo.

But you’ve still got structure borne vibration, passing up through the walls of the house. A cartridge will easily pick up tiny vibrations from people walking past the house, road traffic, as well as vibration generated within the house. A turntable is, as Roy Gandy says, a vibration measuring device! So, this is actually an instance where isolation can work wonders.

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z View Post
    If you’re using the Techie on a wall mount I doubt very much that changing the feet will make any difference as you’ve already got rid of the primary possibility of vibration by moving it off floor based furniture.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm alan.

Many thanks - I thought there was a small improvement over the standard feet and probably worth it for the outlay. However the new deck is heavier and I don’t want to risk messing them up so I’ve decided to sell them. In any case I understand the new feet on the 1200g are better so someone could save £40 if they go for mine (advertised on this site).

I'm Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by alanc View Post
    Many thanks - I thought there was a small improvement over the standard feet and probably worth it for the outlay. However the new deck is heavier and I don’t want to risk messing them up so I’ve decided to sell them. In any case I understand the new feet on the 1200g are better so someone could save £40 if they go for mine (advertised on this site).
    Hi Alan,
    I cannot see your listing but have sent you a pm
    Thanks
    Lee
    It’s about the music
    70s Retro Yamaha YP800TT, CA1000Mk2, CT1010

I'm alan.

PM replied to.

I'm Andrew.

The feet on the 1200G I would say are worth keeping. They weigh in at over 250g each and significantly better than the old plastic feet. I would say it’s worth keeping them.

My System:

Turntable - Linn Sondek LP12, Kore, Lingo 4, Roksan NIMA, Lyra Delos Cartridge, Roksan HDC-03 arm lead, Trampolin 2 base, Tiger Paw Vulcan, Denon DCD-A110 Cd player, Tag Mclaren DAC20 Digital to Analogue Converter, SPM Interconnects, Nordost Red Dawn Leif Speaker cable, Spendor S3/5R2 Target R1 speaker Stands, Atacama ECO 60/40 hifi racks, Sennheiser HD565 Ovation headphones

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast