Hi
    Looking for either of the above players , in case of Techie mk2 ,
    anything out here ?

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mac72 View Post
    Hi
    Looking for either of the above players , in case of Techie mk2
    anything out here ?
    Speak to Phonomac. His name is Angus, he is the SP10 MK2 guru.

He made this for me. Sold me one of his extremely modded AT1010 arms and I've been shouting it from the rooftops since. All for a very reasonable price.

SPEAK TO ANGUS!!!!!

I'm Slav.

Thanks , I'll try to contact him again

Bigman80 Guest

I believe he's away until Friday. Give him a shout at the weekend.
    Thanks , I'll try to contact him again

I'm Slav.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    I believe he's away until Friday. Give him a shout at the weekend.
    Thanks , surely I will ,
    I'm bit undecided as which direction to follow , I believe DP80 is slightly superior to SP10 and I like it's looks better on the other hand in case anything happens there is a lot of info online in case of SP10 , any feedback from someone who used both ?

Bigman80 Guest

I've heard both.

I have an SP10 MK2.

The Denon had the matching arm but can't remember the model number and a Grado Signature cartridge.

Heard another, same spec with a Benz wood cartridge, again I forget the name. That one was better than the previous.

The SP10 had a Phonomac AT1010 arm and a Kontrapunkt b.

Reliability, well the SP10 is quite modular in construction and almost all of it is replaceable with modern day equivalent parts. There is one obsolete part but that's now been bypassed by some clever bloke online.

The Denon, no idea. I've never heard of, or know n anyone who has taken one apart to repair one. There is probably information on them somewhere. They are a sought after turntable.
    Thanks , surely I will ,
    I'm bit undecided as which direction to follow , I believe DP80 is slightly superior to SP10 and I like it's looks better on the other hand in case anything happens there is a lot of info online in case of SP10 , any feedback from someone who used both ?

I'm Peter.

Slav,

I can't recommend the DP80 Highly enough. It's certainly the best TT I've ever owned. Mind you, I guess the Dynavector 507 Mk ii arm helps somewhat.

Mind you, as ever it's horses for courses.... Some prefer the SP 10 and no arguments on that subject.

The DP80 will be difficult to repair but everything is possible. If you can find a good one..... You will never look back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigman80 Guest

That's just a beautiful turntable. Superb, to be honest, anyone is lucky to have either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyse6748 View Post
    Slav,

I can't recommend the DP80 Highly enough. It's certainly the best TT I've ever owned. Mind you, I guess the Dynavector 507 Mk ii arm helps somewhat.

Mind you, as ever it's horses for courses.... Some prefer the SP 10 and no arguments on that subject.

The DP80 will be difficult to repair but everything is possible. If you can find a good one..... You will never look back.

I'm Slav.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyse6748 View Post
    Slav,

Peter , can you share some more info where did you source DP80 and DV507 , Man this TT looks awsome , who's made plinth for you ?

I'm Peter.

Slav,

I originally sourced the DP80 from a friend in Hungry. He has since sourced two other decks for close friends.

The plinth is very special custom made by Lee Denge ( Acustand) and includes some really exotic materials (including acrilic, Derlin & ply) and has magnetic Levitation feet for total isolation.

The Dynavector was purchased from an AOS Member and is lovingly nicknamed "The Car Jack" I have also added the" Archie" headshell, which I think is the icing on the cake.

This deck replaces my Townshend Rock 7 / SME V and is a whole new level above this already well respected deck.

Not much more to say.... Other than Just happiness / pure bliss.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast