+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: DAC Advice

I'm Michael.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
    I am moving along methodically building a digital system, and starting to attempt to become fluent in the options/methods available.
    This is a field that can eat funds just trying to build a quality user interface, with no guarantee of SQ.
    There are lots of good guidelines being expressed in recent threads.
    The improvement of a power supply, is usually seen as a basic method to upgrade many devices.
    A linear power supply for a digital source, is a proven device that will improve a performance, to what extent I can't say. I am not aware of anybody discarding a upgraded power supply due to not improving a device, especially a linear type.
    I have recently been in communication with two separate individuals, both working on improving two different devices through concentrating on the design of the power supply. The designs are now functioning devices, and the reports on the overall improvement on the performance are very positive.
    Think of having a off board linear power supply like a accessory that once bought, it can be matched with different devices, even a Laptop will benefit from it, if using it as a source to listen you tube or other performances on the HiFi.
    As for models to select, There is a vast market, from LDA to Chinese Manufactured.
    I'm sure after some further investigations a model can be found at a price that is worth a trial.
    Cheers John, that's very kind of you to explain sir.

I'm Michael.

It's strange isn't it. If you read reviews one person will love it and another hate it. Which I get. They're not listening to it in the same conditions or same rig. Makes reviews almost worthless really. It's why I rarely listen to kit in the shop. Totally. Different set up to my music room at home.

I'm Kevin.

Ut listening in a shop will give you an idea of what to expect. It is only at home you really know if you like it or not.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Neil.

Default DAC Advice

Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234