+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Static explosions

I'm colin.

Thanks chris but it looks like he is no longer on e bay ( i just noticed i missed out on a AT electronic stylus cleaner for£40, damm!)

I'm colin.

The guy i bought my deck from once told me to get rid of static give the record a wash with disstiled water, but after a bad experience with disco anti stat cleaner i think ill wait until i can buy a proper machine

I'm ChrisB.

Quote Originally Posted by colinB View Post
    Thanks chris but it looks like he is no longer on e bay ( i just noticed i missed out on a AT electronic stylus cleaner for£40, damm!)
    He's there for me - here's the link to the accessories they sell:
    http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/SnowRe...34Q2ec0Q2em322

The price has gone down, but the postage has gone up.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    To address Barry's point about the Nagaoka type crumpling: the ones I bought are like those. They're D-shaped & do crumple fairly easily, but for 15p, I'm happy to put up with the odd one being pushed into the paper sleeve & having to fish it out!
    Hi Chris,

Back then, you were enquiring if there might be some AoS members who could join you and share in a bulk purchase of the sleeves you mention. I had been meaning to ask you if you are still interesed in such an endeavour. I would be interested in say at least 200 such sleeves, maybe more.

Apologies if such a response should be made via a PM.

Regards
    Barry

I'm colin.

Cheers chris ill give em a go. I thought i was looking at nappies for a minute their

I'm ChrisB.

Barry,
    Actually, I said that I'd just received some, & DaveK asked if I'd sell him some of them!
    It was then he that suggested a group purchase.

I've not bought any more since then, though I've used a lot more than 200 (we found a stash tucked away when we moved house), so I don't need any yet. But it's only a matter of time. I'm using the RCM a lot more nowadays because it's right there now, beside the turntable, so no special effort required as there was before.

As I said above, the postage price has gone up but they may be persuaded to do a good deal if a decent sized order was assembled.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    Barry,
    Actually, I said that I'd just received some, & DaveK asked if I'd sell him some of them!
    It was then he that suggested a group purchase.

I've not bought any more since then, though I've used a lot more than 200 (we found a stash tucked away when we moved house), so I don't need any yet. But it's only a matter of time. I'm using the RCM a lot more nowadays because it's right there now, beside the turntable, so no special effort required as there was before.

As I said above, the postage price has gone up but they may be persuaded to do a good deal if a decent sized order was assembled.
    Understood. If you are thinking of ordering more let me know.

Regards
    Barry

I'm ChrisB.

Will do sire.

I'm Ralph.

The Goldring ones are only in packs of 25 and cost about £15, the Mobile Fidelity ones are in 50 packs for £20.

Got some from RA a couple of weeks ago, credit where it's due, ordered Monday, delivered Tuesday, service doesn't get much better than that.

'Interesting' read about anti-static sleeves here:-

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue38/lp_sleaves.htm

Cheers
    Last edited by REM; 16-04-2010 at 11:38. Reason: Added Link

I'm Dave.

I wouldn't worry about the conditions in your room affecting static. Warm humid air should actually help to prevent static. It's a very very dry room you want to avoid as that promotes static. 20 degrees C, 50% humidity is the optimum as it's not cold enough to cause condensation on warm equipment, not hot enough to affect equipment reliability, not humid enough to cause rust and not dry enough to cause static. It's the sweet spot in the middle. This is what I aim for at work in our server room. Obviously it's not something you should worry too much about in a home environment but I thought I'd mention it seen as it was relevant. I'm going to get back in my IT cupboard now and wait for someone to break their computer.
    Source: Apple TV 4K - DAC: Beresford Bushmaster Mk II - Preamp: CI AudioPLC-1 Mk II - Power Amps: Musical Fidelity 550K mono blocks - Speakers: Wharfedale Opus 3 - Cables: Mark Grant etc - Misc: Belkin PF30 mains filters.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast