+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Popup and ads

I'm Grant.

your over reacting
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

What adds are you guys talking about? I can't remember seeing any popping up etc on the forum .

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    your over reacting
    thanks, though a more thorough response from Marco was more what I had in mind by way of response

unless of course your answer is based on a thorough knowledge of exactly what was happening and the ramifications

I'm Grant.

its standad ads you get all over the web. we are not selling your personal info. if you dont want to see ads you can block them.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Maybe Marco should introduce a membership fee for the freeloaders as well. I have happily been paying my share of the money required to keep AoS online and add free since that option was introduced several years ago. But with the new GDPR laws it's a bit of an unequal burden on the paying members if people don't want adds.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyB View Post
    Maybe Marco should introduce a membership fee for the freeloaders as well. I have happily been paying my share of the money required to keep AoS online and add free since that option was introduced several years ago. But with the new GDPR laws it's a bit of an unequal burden on the paying members if people don't want adds.
    folk cant have it both ways Stan.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Kevin.

Personally, I would rather have a few adverts than pay a subscription fee.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm joe.

I think there'd have been less of an issue if the change had been announced in advance. When all those ads started popping up yesterday I thought AoS had been hacked!

I'm Kevin.

Agreed. The first thing I did was launch a malware scan.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Grant.

as i said, ive no idea why some folk are getting ads in the post area. most are not, and with an ad block dont even get the banner ads.
    Its not all to do with the new ads imo.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast