+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sneak preview - New Miniblocks

I'm Alan.

Default Sneak preview - New Miniblocks

In development .........

Linear psu, class D, 50W into 8 ohm.

I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

Bigman80 Guest

Haha, Miniblocks!!! I love the name. Look great mate.

I'm Geoff.

Look good. Bet they run nice and cool.

Wouldn't be paralled TPA3116 chips by any chance?

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Very bijou!
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

Bigman80 Guest

Had a listen to these little beauties today. I absolutely love the styling, the cases are diminutive but VERY heavy!

Comparisons against the Behemoth sized Krell weren't fair but the little Miniblocks (for the money) sounded great. Pushing the boundaries in terms of SQ v Cost these little beasties are going to cost under £250 I believe, which is outrageously good.

Certainly good enough for a second system and I'm seriously considering setting up a 'budget' system with these and the upcoming OTP3!!!

Great work again, Alan.

Pics for scale

I'm Geoff.

I believe they use the same TPA3116 Class D chip that's in the little Chinese amp I've been banging on about.

Bigman80 Guest

Could do, Geoff.

They didn't have the "human" sound of the Krell, as i call it, but i felt they were very clean sounding and certainly far better than the cost should suggest. £200!!

I was impressed sufficiently. If your little box is as good as these, i doth my cap. The Chinese are coming to take over!! Well, maybe not just yet lol

I'm Geoff.

Dunno . With the SMPS the amp cost me about £25. It reminds me of the SM-70 very much. Power is probably about the same too.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Dunno . With the SMPS the amp cost me about £25. It reminds me of the SM-70 very much. Power is probably about the same too.
    i think Alan said these push 50w per Miniblock. If youre reminded of the monarchy, thats remarkably good money for the performance Geoff. I'm looking at ultra low budget DACs at the minute. China is awash with them. Topping are getting good press.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Topping are getting good press.
    Don't know about their DAC's, but I tried their big Class D TP60 integrated amp and wasn't particularly struck. It did nothing wrong, but was just a bit dull and two dimensional. Nicely made though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast