+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello

I'm Rod.

Default Hello

Hi,

Just a quick intro.

Having recently read descriptions of tuners and turntables as 'retro' I've realised i've been around forever.

I've been around long enough to remember selecting tape formulations based (in part) on their spurious print through ratios, Once had a Monster Alpha Genesis and still posses an Alphason HR100MCS. I'm that old...

I've worked for hi-fi manufacturers, conceived and set up a very successful hi-fi brand and continue to tinker with various audio concepts and projects.

My system varies a bit, but at the moment is based around a pair of Musical Fidelity P270 power amps (heavily modified) a home-brewed fet pre-amp, or passive, depending on which way the wind is blowing and various speakers, but mainly electrostatics. I have around 20 other amplifiers!

I'm Steve.

Good morning Rod,

You've come to the right place! I remember the Musical Fidelity "super amps" and that Alphason arm being "objects of desire" ( I'm that old too), and I know you'll find many like-minded souls on here.

Welcome to AOS

Steve
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Geoff.

Hello Rod. Welcome to AOS.

Tell us what music you listen to and what future plans if any you may have for your system.

With over twenty amps, you'll fit right in here. Many of us have collections (hoards ) of equipment.

Feel free to join in any chat that interests you.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Rod,

Yes with all that gear and electrostatic speakers you'll fit in well here.

What are your tastes in music?

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread