+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: Audio Innovations S800 Step-up transformer

montesquieu Guest

Default FS: Audio Innovations S800 Step-up transformer

Audio Innovations S800 for sale ... this is the 'low impedance version', labelled 3 and 15 ohm. The 3 ohm setting is 1:40 ratio so very high gain, usable with Audio Note Io, also with other low gain, low impedance cartridges 2-6 ohm such as SPUs and other low impedance Ortofons, Fidelity Research cartridges, and so on. The 15 ohm setting is ideal for more mainstream cartridges - AT MCs, Lyras, many Dynavectors etc.

I paid Brian 'Take5' £250 for this a month or two back as I wanted to check it out with my Miyajima stereo cartrdges which are 16 ohm at the coil. It is indeed a nice match for this but I subsequently bought a Miyajima ETR-Stereo (retails at £2400). I thought about hanging onto it in case I should ever pick up another Io, but the ETR stereo should be able to handle that, so this is now surplus to requirements (along with a couple of other SUTs that I'll be selling in in due course)

Price is £250 collected, plus £12 for RMSD.

montesquieu Guest

If you think it looks like an Audio Note SUT then you are correct, it is the precursor to the low-impedance AN S2L.

I'm Jack.

Default Inbox

Inbox is full Tom - you shouldnt be so popular..

montesquieu Guest

fixt

I'm Stoyan.

Are they still available. I am interested too.
    PM send.

montesquieu Guest

now sold

Bigman80 Guest

Well done Stoyan. An astute purchase.

+ Reply to Thread