+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The cost of some CDs - Morrissey Mullen

I'm fabulous.

Default The cost of some CDs - Morrissey Mullen

I have recently moved office at work and come across a box - containing inside, my old portable Sony MiniDisc player and about thirty MiniDiscs

Story is, I used to record my vinyl onto minidisc so I could listen in work. This was about 18 years ago and since then I have sold ALL my vinyl (don't ask, suffice to say I was weak and she is now my ex-wife) and slowly replaced old albums by buying second hand CDs.

Anyway, in checking the box I came across a minidisc of a Morrissey Mullen album called Happy Hour... ooo I remember that album, I must see about getting a copy of that again. Onto Amazon and OMG! £66

If I hadn't sold the actual physical record, it would be cheaper to buy a fullsize minidisc player, attach it to my amp --- all just to play this one disc

Anyway enough venting... the lesson is..... no matter how much earache you get.... no matter how stuck for cash you might be.... NEVER EVER sell your vinyl records! lol
    lossless > Raspberry PI-3b+ > allo Boss > Van Damme Purple interconnect >
    Myryad Z210 CD Player > Chord Chameleon Silver+ interconnect >

into Magnum IA170 amplifier > Van Damme Blue 4mm cable > Mission 752 Freedom Floorstanders
    Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-AD700 Open-back

I'm bernard.

I remember I went to see Morrissey Mullen playing in a pub up in seven sisters in London many years ago.
    They had a young session singer with them called Noel McKenna it was a really enjoyable night
    Dick and Jim always seemed to find great session singers such as Tessa Nile’s.

Bernie

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by guyhayton View Post
    I have recently moved office at work and come across a box - containing inside, my old portable Sony MiniDisc player and about thirty MiniDiscs

Story is, I used to record my vinyl onto minidisc so I could listen in work. This was about 18 years ago and since then I have sold ALL my vinyl (don't ask, suffice to say I was weak and she is now my ex-wife) and slowly replaced old albums by buying second hand CDs.

Anyway, in checking the box I came across a minidisc of a Morrissey Mullen album called Happy Hour... ooo I remember that album, I must see about getting a copy of that again. Onto Amazon and OMG! £66

If I hadn't sold the actual physical record, it would be cheaper to buy a fullsize minidisc player, attach it to my amp --- all just to play this one disc

Anyway enough venting... the lesson is..... no matter how much earache you get.... no matter how stuck for cash you might be.... NEVER EVER sell your vinyl records! lol
    There are two on discogs £20 and £25, vinyl copies start at £2!!
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Steve.

Amazon aren't cheap anymore, not since they found that they may have to start paying tax.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

There was an album I wanted, I wanted the original from 1985 not the re-master, and it was on Amazon second hand for £40! The CD that is. Ollie got one for me for 10p or something off of ebay. Loads of chancers on Amazon.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    There was an album I wanted, I wanted the original from 1985 not the re-master, and it was on Amazon second hand for £40! The CD that is. Ollie got one for me for 10p or something off of ebay. Loads of chancers on Amazon.
    Agreed
    Regards Neil

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by guyhayton View Post

I'm actually annoyed at your ex after reading that.

But as has been said, Amazon is no longer that cheap, hasn't been for a few years now. Look elsewhere on the web and you will often find it cheaper than Amazon.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm Rob.

Hi fabulous, if you like Morrisey/Mullen check this out. I have it on CD, don't know if it is on vinyl.

http://www.sulphuricrecords.co.uk/ha...art-jimjam.php
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

+ Reply to Thread