+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rega platter upgrade advice

I'm Barrington.

Hi if wow and flutter are your main issues I'd suggest the Neo PSU first, dual pulley, then some sort of off board motor set up - Limm/SRM.

I'm steve.

Default Rega platter upgrade advice

Quote Originally Posted by mayebaza View Post
    Hi if wow and flutter are your main issues I'd suggest the Neo PSU first, dual pulley, then some sort of off board motor set up - Limm/SRM.
    No, wow and flutter is not a problem, in my OP I just questioned if the change of platter to a more peripherally weighted one would improve it. I unfortunately can’t afford to shell out £225 for a Neo PSU atm, I think I’d only consider it if I went the twin belt pulley route. With the recent strobe testing confirming both my decks to have spot on speed accuracy I’m happy with them as is, I certainly am not interested in going to an off board motor setup, I can’t detect any motor noise/rumble, certainly not above inherent vinyl roar with the wick full up on my setup listening to a locked silent groove, certainly it’s so far down from my listening level as to be totally inaudible. One thing which does seem obvious is that no matter which belt you use their elasticity/tension varies with time/age which will effect speed and wow measurements so periodic checks are a good idea, if they go out of spec then the belt needs to be replaced to ensure consistency, I you’re a heavy user of your deck I would say change the belt twice a year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Barrington.

By locking speed and controling fluctions due to belt wear the Neo delivers a greater upgrade than a derlin platter. Keep an eye on the 2nd hand market.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123