+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sony-UBP-X800-Blu-Ray DEAL ON AMAZON

I'm Geoff.

Default Sony-UBP-X800-Blu-Ray DEAL ON AMAZON

Just noticed this deal on Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-UBP-X8...MX6GMJ95F4W0XC

Might be of interest to some.

I'm John.

I've in the past thought a Oppo was a worth while investigation to achieve a multi media set up at home.
    The HD TV, is 14 years old now, so a modern TV, is on the horizon.
    My digital media experiences as seen on our TV, is achieved through a download to a laptop and then the laptop is connected by HDMI to the TV.
    How does the Sony model, make the user interface a improved experience
    This model is a much cheaper alternative to a Oppo, it looks like it can be used as a CD Transport as well,
    as I've got a want to have a CDT with the new recently purchased DAC, this seems to be worth a punt,
    as it has all the other benefits of usage as well.
    The DAC in use, has USB and Digital Coax Connection only, so I will need to check out connections are compatible.
    Can the 4TB Passport Portable HD, with a FLAC File Storage, be connected to it, so it can be used as a alternative to a computer to replay music files or TV media. ?
    How can a device like this be used to support a venture into Digital Music replays in a HiFi system and the beginnings of a AV system ?

I'm Grant.

should do. it can stream from another source wirelessly and would think its got a usb in but read the pdf to see...http://bit.ly/2oQvSJ2
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2 - IFI PURIFIER 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - XS VALVE DAC - AVANTREE OASIS PLUS + LEAF HD BLUETOOTHS - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR, SONY H900 +NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/WIN10 PRO/AUDIRVANA 3 PLUS/TIDAL - SMSL M6 MINIDAC +IFI SILENCER - RPI 3 DIGIONE/VOLUMIO - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN MAIN SPKRS/Q ACOUSTIC BT3 ACTIVES & CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

**Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**

I'm John.

Brilliant !, it ticks all of the boxes as it has Digital Coax, and Parental Control to lock the better half out
    Joking put aside, it offers a multi usage format, that when one method of usage is obsolete, it will still have a relevant purpose for other applications.
    I am closer to getting a trial period put into place with a Music Replay Software.
    I was also advised recently to consider listening to a modern media player, such as a DVD/BluRay, as a CDT, as there has been much engineering thought put into the stability of the disc drives.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
    I was also advised recently to consider listening to a modern media player, such as a DVD/BluRay, as a CDT, as there has been much engineering thought put into the stability of the disc drives.
    IME it's pot luck as regards to that. I've got a Samsung Blu-Ray player and as a CD transport it's diabolical. Performance of a transport depends on how much noise it generates and passes on to the external DAC. A good transport will have had attention paid to the power supplies so that doesn't happen. Most of these mass-market media players will not have had any of that, the power supply will be the bare minimum required to do the job.

I can recommend the Oppos as being pretty good used as a CD player through their analogue outputs though.
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Technics SLP1200 CD Player * Nelson Pass DCB1 Pre amp / Krell KSA50S Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

'You fool! To think that your ape-brain could contain the full knowledge of the Krell!'

+ Reply to Thread