+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sony-UBP-X800-Blu-Ray DEAL ON AMAZON

I'm Geoff.

Default Sony-UBP-X800-Blu-Ray DEAL ON AMAZON

Just noticed this deal on Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-UBP-X8...MX6GMJ95F4W0XC

Might be of interest to some.

I'm John.

I've in the past thought a Oppo was a worth while investigation to achieve a multi media set up at home.
    The HD TV, is 14 years old now, so a modern TV, is on the horizon.
    My digital media experiences as seen on our TV, is achieved through a download to a laptop and then the laptop is connected by HDMI to the TV.
    How does the Sony model, make the user interface a improved experience
    This model is a much cheaper alternative to a Oppo, it looks like it can be used as a CD Transport as well,
    as I've got a want to have a CDT with the new recently purchased DAC, this seems to be worth a punt,
    as it has all the other benefits of usage as well.
    The DAC in use, has USB and Digital Coax Connection only, so I will need to check out connections are compatible.
    Can the 4TB Passport Portable HD, with a FLAC File Storage, be connected to it, so it can be used as a alternative to a computer to replay music files or TV media. ?
    How can a device like this be used to support a venture into Digital Music replays in a HiFi system and the beginnings of a AV system ?

I'm Grant.

should do. it can stream from another source wirelessly and would think its got a usb in but read the pdf to see...http://bit.ly/2oQvSJ2
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm John.

Brilliant !, it ticks all of the boxes as it has Digital Coax, and Parental Control to lock the better half out
    Joking put aside, it offers a multi usage format, that when one method of usage is obsolete, it will still have a relevant purpose for other applications.
    I am closer to getting a trial period put into place with a Music Replay Software.
    I was also advised recently to consider listening to a modern media player, such as a DVD/BluRay, as a CDT, as there has been much engineering thought put into the stability of the disc drives.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
    I was also advised recently to consider listening to a modern media player, such as a DVD/BluRay, as a CDT, as there has been much engineering thought put into the stability of the disc drives.
    IME it's pot luck as regards to that. I've got a Samsung Blu-Ray player and as a CD transport it's diabolical. Performance of a transport depends on how much noise it generates and passes on to the external DAC. A good transport will have had attention paid to the power supplies so that doesn't happen. Most of these mass-market media players will not have had any of that, the power supply will be the bare minimum required to do the job.

I can recommend the Oppos as being pretty good used as a CD player through their analogue outputs though.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread