+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Using de-mineralised water for vinyl cleaning

I'm Svend.

This is what I use:

http://www.bernardfoods.com/foodserv...datedwater.htm

Works great...leaves no spots.

I'm Mike.

Lovely ! Who'd've believed it ? I recommend murky pond water.

I'm Mike.

I've bought expensive pharmaceutical grade water at £12 for 5 ltrs and i've bought cheap Car Plan de ionised water at £2.50 for 5 ltrs and i didn't see any difference in its performance when used for cleaning vinyl

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Richard.

What you really want is 'Pure water' i.e. 0PPM water that has been through a combined filter, resin and RO system which is as pure as you'll get. A lot of mobile window cleaners use pure water these days and have their own filter systems. I asked my window cleaner if he had any to spare and he was more than happy to fill a few 5L containers for me for no extra cost.

Also worth checking out Spotless Water: https://www.spotlesswater.co.uk/ Basically unattended filling stations for pure water, meant for window cleaners but I don't think there are any lower limits on what you can dispense. At the moment if you sign up you get a key fob which has 20 pounds worth of credit for free. I've not used mine yet but my nearest filling station is currently 30 miles away but if I'm passing I will do.
    Rich

I'm Philip.

Lloyds pharmacies sell pure warer.
    5 litres for £8 if i remember correctly.

I'm Chris.

Default Ice

The ice in your freezer is pure. (That is, the stuff that forms around the surfaces)
    Chris.

I'm Anto.

I collect the water out of my dehumidifier
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Grant.

think you can overthink this water bit. any of the tubbed up waters used by hospitals etc should be fine.Ive never had issues and been using medical grade water for years.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by hornucopia View Post
    The ice in your freezer is pure. (That is, the stuff that forms around the surfaces)
    Correct, though it'll need filtering for detritus. I've used this for years (triple filtered) and it's effectively distilled water.

I'm Grant.

Yeah you don't want bits of chicken breast on the records.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast