+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LDR preamp build

I'm Edward.

Looking good Chris.

I hope I can drop the new board into my case "as is" and then later fiddle around with changing over to the remote control and multiple inputs.

Any ideas of timing when you will be sending things out?

E

§
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Chris.

Hi Edward
    With your build you will need to change to cathode wiring. You presently have volume in the anodes
    -the change is pretty easy. I will get boards to you as soon as I can.

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by Light Dependant Resistor View Post
    Hi Edward
    With your build you will need to change to cathode wiring. You presently have volume in the anodes
    Cheers.

But Marco first.

§
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Chris.

Image shows looking inward to rear panel IEC fitting connected, and ground tabs of RCA's soldered to each RCA not just relying on metal to metal touching , awaiting wiring. DSCF2399.jpg

I'm Chris.

RCA signal wiring all done, anodes and cathodes too, and just the front panel wiring to anode switch
    and remote control board to go. The rectifier and regulator for remote board tested this morning delivering 13.3v
    is neatly under the main board. DSCF2410.jpg

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Light Dependant Resistor View Post
    Hi Edward
    A growing problem for the NHS!

I'm Chris.

Hi Geoff
    The NSL32SR3 is an audio purpose encapsulated LDR, unlike the open face types used in street lamps and ovens
    which I think you are confusing it with, shown here. https://www.kitronik.co.uk/blog/how-...esistor-works/
    that indeed have issues with the way they are used.

The NSL32SR3 with indifference is entirely harmless from any health concern because of the care taken with encapsulation.
    The data sheet provides the audio purpose encapsulated devices specifications http://lunainc.com/wp-content/upload.../NSL-32SR3.pdf

See the difference ?

I'm Chris.

Image showing completed build. The switch used for the anode switching of series pairs was a fairly chunky type
    using a ball bearing type race, so has feature of positioning the contact at its center of travel when the input is changed,
    which is a little different to normal switches that have a dead sort of center contact.

The shafts of the input and switch and the remote board worked out well for their length, which required some additional drilling
    to get the bodies of each as close to the front edges. Wiring between boards and signal wiring was done with enamel wire
    throughout, which required testing with a multimeter for continuity.

Very happy with the end result and sounding very nice too.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Chris,

Is that mine?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Edward.

A little bird informs me an LDR pre has landed and awaiting test and feedback here.

Hello Marco.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast