+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Audirvana

I'm inactive.

I bought into Audirvana a few years back and agree that it is indeed a noticeable improvement on iTunes native playback ... which is a bit pants really...

As I understand it, AV over-rides the Mac's inbuilt audio gubbins and uses its own audio codec which accounts for the improvement but to be fair to iTunes it lacks all the additional bells and whistles such as CD ripping, file conversion options and data tagging. Having experienced the total wipeout of some of the other 'free' media utilities that made the MacOS such a really useful platform (such as iPhoto, iMovie and iDVD) I am grateful that iTunes has survived as a relatively useful programme.

What surprise me is that Apple haven't bought AV out yet and incorporated it - they are usually quick off the mark to swallow up anything that swims in their waters ....

I'm Paul.

Apologies if this basic question but I'm streaming spotify premium through a Chromecast audio into my caiman seg. I would like to try Tidal > Audirvana but only have the Chromecast and a android box. Would I need to introduce a suitable pc/mac for this?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Current system:
    RPi + Allo Digione
    Beresford Caiman Seg & Dorado powered by 15v Linear PSU
    Transcendent Sound Mini Beast OTL
    Amptastic Mini-1
    Klipsch KG4.5 Speakers with Titanium Diagphrams and Sonicap Cap upgrade
    110aH Leisure Battery powers the Mini-1 & Digione

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepperamip View Post
    Apologies if this basic question but I'm streaming spotify premium through a Chromecast audio into my caiman seg. I would like to try Tidal > Audirvana but only have the Chromecast and a android box. Would I need to introduce a suitable pc/mac for this?

yes, you need a computer to run the program
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    yes, you need a computer to run the program
    Thanks. RPI3 on the list too now

Current system:
    RPi + Allo Digione
    Beresford Caiman Seg & Dorado powered by 15v Linear PSU
    Transcendent Sound Mini Beast OTL
    Amptastic Mini-1
    Klipsch KG4.5 Speakers with Titanium Diagphrams and Sonicap Cap upgrade
    110aH Leisure Battery powers the Mini-1 & Digione

I'm Grant.

audirvana is a mac program but a new version for windows10 is now out too. ive been sending the music from pc to an rpi with great success. the windows program is improving and another update was added recently. its similar to roon i guess, in that it unfolds mqa in tidal and does similar things to roon
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Ivo.

I'm using Audirvana+ and MacMini as a transport. I like very much this combination. Listening HiRes files up to DSD128.
    But I have some issues. Sometimes Audirvana unite two completely different albums into one if they have the same title. Did somebody have the same problem?
    Pioneer:
    PLC-590, RT-909, 707, CT-F1250, 900, 750, 700, T-C3, P-D1, TX-7800,
    U-24, SR-303, SG-9800, SA-7800, SX-750, DT-400, HPM-100
    Nakamichi: DRAGON, BX300e, BX125, BX 1, CD4

I'm Grant.

Not had that Ivo. had some issues with tags and especially album art but have been sorting them in jriver as they appear. Most are no pic appearing and had to reload and rename folder.jpg, even if its already called that. Mine is the slightly buggy windows version tho.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Stephen.

I am using Qobuz as my streaming source into a RPI3/ Allo digione, cotrolled by Squeezepad on my Ipad.
    Have been considering Audinirvana but one thing has stopped me trying.
    Using a plugin to LMS ( on my Mac) I am able to stream Qobuz through the above setup. However the interface is basic - I can choose next or last track, play and pause etc and search the library and playlists. But, if I hear a track I like in a playlist, I cannot save it or tag it in anywhere. I have to wait until I go to my Mac and use the Qobuz web interface to manage playlists.
    AV said the ability to tag or save tracks to playlists via the Ipad would be coming. Has it ?
    Anyone know any more ?
    Current kit :
    Music library (FLAC) on IMac or streamed via Qobuz. Fed wirelessly to Raspberry Pi / Allo Digione and into Lyngdorf digital amplification. This handles room correction and drives a pair of Quad 2905 electrostatics.

I'm Alastair.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepperamip View Post
    Thanks. RPI3 on the list too now

Although Audirvana is not available on RPI3, my simplistic understanding of it is that it up-samples the music (no doubt using a proprietary algorithm). While my Caiman SEG was away getting an upgrade I played about with SOX up-sampling in Picoreplayer with my old RPI3 and an Audiophonics ES9023 Sabre DAC. Using the "Goldilocks" example from Archimago I certainly got an improvement in the sound from 44.1KHz material up-sampled to 96KHz. I tried it with the SEG when I got it back but the same settings arguably degraded the sound. If you have PCP it might be worth a try to see if it helps with your DAC.

Has any one else tried SOX up-sampling and had good results?
    Cheers

Alastair

RPI4/PI2AES running PiCorePlayer/LMS-> AQ Carbon AES -> Topping D90 DAC-> Khozomo Passive Pre-Amp -> 4x Temple Audio Monoblocks powered by 2xLiFePO batteries->Van Damme Black Bi-Wired to B&W 804 Nautilus and Sommer Carbokab 225 Interconnects

I'm Geoff.

AV is not available on the RPi but can be used with an Rpi very well. Just select the Rpi as preferred output device on the AV menu (uses PnP).

I don't think that the SEG can deal with DSD directly (I may be wrong) but my Rpi/Digione certainly can. Tried several upsampling options and settled on DSD128. Sounds fantastic. Very analogue into SEG with new Dorado power module!

Geoff

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast