+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Densen CD player acting up

I'm Steve.

Default Densen CD player acting up

Good afternoon, brainboxes!

Lately my CD player has been having a problem playing (Densen Beat 400 plus).

When I put a disc in, it plays for a few seconds, then stops briefly (a fraction of a second) then continues playing. It may do this two or three times. It only seems to happen with the first track, and if I skip to the next track it's fine. Just this last couple of weeks it will often stop playing altogether on this first track.

I looked around and found on one forum mention of replacing the laser, which apparently is a Sony KSS 213C.

Is the laser the likely culprit, and is replacing it something a technical numpty (me) could tackle? Or is fault perhaps something else? I don't want to ditch the player as it sounds very good (to my ears) and the missus actually likes the looks.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

Unlikely to be the laser. Very unlikely. Also unlikely to be anything you can diagnose and fix yourself unless you have the required skills. If you open it up and you don't know exactly what all those components you are looking at do, then you've got no chance.

You could change the laser yourself, it isn't that hard but you need to take anti-static precautions. I wouldn't go to the cost and effort of that until you have had the fault diagnosed as being the laser.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Anti-static precautions? See, I would never have thought of that. You've made my mind up, I'll get someone else to look at it. Any suggestions anyone? I don't know of anybody round here.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Simon.

I think Densen gave up supporting/repairing these some time ago. Why not have a word with the UK Distributor and see if they can help? Elite Audio.
    Lindemann Network Bridge > McIntosh MHA150 > Shahinian Larc speakers

I'm Steve.

Thanks Simon, I'll give Elite a call.

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread