+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fleetwood Mac

I'm Shaun.

Default Fleetwood Mac

According to the BBC website this morning, Lindsey Buckingham is in the process of suing Fleetwood Mac over his dismissal from the band. What the hell next..?

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Haselsh1 View Post
    According to the BBC website this morning, Lindsey Buckingham is in the process of suing Fleetwood Mac over his dismissal from the band. What the hell next..?
    Nothing new, lots of groups have had similar issues, usually where one or two have controlling interest and gang up on one and oust them to their betterment.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Dan.

Big payout....
    Receiver
    Marantz 2225
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Marantz 6005 , Beresford Caiman , Paul Hynes SR4
    Turntable
    KAM DDX 1000 with Goldring G800 Cartridge
    Loudspeakers
    Mordaunt Short M10

I'm Lawrence.

When a group makes that much money it ceases to be a band and becomes a business.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm Shaun.

Yeah I guess it is all about money again but what of musicianship..? I remember hearing of similar things with Status Quo and Pink Floyd.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    When a group makes that much money it ceases to be a band and becomes a business.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk
    Way past a business: a global corporation!

I'm Geoff.

I am a big fan of FM, especially the years with Peter Green. Although I also like the later iteration with LB and SN, I was struck recently by how much they hijacked the FM sound. Listening to the Buckingham Nicks LP the other day, reminded me that this could have been released as an FM album without difficulty. OK, maybe the need for a bit more oomph in the rhythm section.

What chances that FM go back to their roots and deliver an authentic blues album now that they have dumped the narcissistic LB?

Geoff

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    What chances that FM go back to their roots and deliver an authentic blues album now that they have dumped the narcissistic LB?
    I wouldn't thank them for the moribund dirges they churned out by the bucketful.
    The best Fleetwood Mac album from the early days was the Greatest Hits compilation of the early 70s.

Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Martin.

They've all got so much money that it seems to me to be unlikely to be about the money. In any case they have hired two guitarists to replace him on the tour, what's that cost them?

I think he has always pissed off the rest of the band because he does come across as a bit of a dick even if he is an accomplished musician. I've got one of his solo albums and it is dire so I doubt he contributed much to the FM song writing.

I read that they kicked him out because he pissed off Stevie Nicks at some awards ceremony. That seems more likely to me.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    They've all got so much money that it seems to me to be unlikely to be about the money. In any case they have hired two guitarists to replace him on the tour, what's that cost them?

I think he has always pissed off the rest of the band because he does come across as a bit of a dick even if he is an accomplished musician. I've got one of his solo albums and it is dire so I doubt he contributed much to the FM song writing.

I read that they kicked him out because he pissed off Stevie Nicks at some awards ceremony. That seems more likely to me.
    He smirked! He always was a smirker!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast