+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tonar Woodgoat Cleaning Brush

I'm richard.

Default Tonar Woodgoat Cleaning Brush

I've wet cleaned less than 30 LP's since buying this at the end of June this year - its the dual row wooden brush.

Seems to do a good job but, after rinsing it yesterday one clump of bristles fell out. I left it to dry and another 2 have were ready to drop out. Not good for 20 worth of brush.

I've asked the retailer whether it has a guarantee and they are looking into it.

Have look at the pictures and you can see the bristles are secured by steel wire that has rusted - not great for a wet cleaning brush.

The only reason for posting this is that many of you use one - so my advice is to check yours but gently tugging on each clump to make sure they are well anchored. Rusted steel wire on a soft vinyl LP is going to do some damage. Luckily for me I did not damage a LP.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm Grant.

not good... ive a goat brush ive used for years but is one row in a plastic handle. its a great brush. got a feeling tonar made it too
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/EMOTIVA XPS1/12V BATTERY - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP\WE TUBED - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10, AUDIRVANA 3 PLUS, TIDAL - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS/VOLUMIO/5V BATTERY - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I use a Decca carbon fibre bush. Had it for twelve years or more, and it has not shed a single fibre in use.
    Have you listened to this month's choice in the Album Club?

Barry

I'm richard.

When I got my Project VCS it came with its own brush. Single row set in a plastic handle. That shed hundreds of bristles and was unusable but Juno Records replaced immediately. The new one is good but i use that for rinsing only (OCD rules...).

The retailer may yet replace my broken Tonar brush but if they don't I might try this one which claims to be designed for wet cleaning >

http://www.analogueseduction.net/bru...wet-brush.html

Or this type >

http://www.analogueseduction.net/bru...ing-brush.html

regards

richard

+ Reply to Thread