+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Broken Big Toe ??

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    Toe is still pretty painful and with the boot on I can't drive
    I used to drive with my leg in plaster after Achilles tendon surgery and when I busted a fibula. It would no doubt be illegal now, it was a long time ago .

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I used to drive with my leg in plaster after Achilles tendon surgery and when I busted a fibula. It would no doubt be illegal now, it was a long time ago .
    I did try Geoff but the boot is just too wide so I hit both pedals

My car is automatic so if I'd broken the left one there would be no problem

Apparently as it's now on my records if I drove I would not be insured anyway..
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm John.

I did try Geoff but the boot is just too wide so I hit both pedals

My car is automatic so if I'd broken the left one there would be no problem

Apparently as it's now on my records if I drove I would not be insured anyway..
    I was told the same thing when I had a hernia op. Not worth the risk.

On the bright side, at least you didn't break your maggies.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Crackles View Post
    On the bright side, at least you didn't break your maggies.
    Absolutely John..

I was so uncomfortable that I didn't unpack the Maggies until a few days ago as the package was so heavy and awkward, when wearing a 'boot'...
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Andrew.

No keep the bout on its doing a great job making sure your foot heals removing it may slow things down our even r cause new unwanted problems
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

The boot is off and I can drive again

Saw a lovely lady in the fracture clinic today and she said to leave the boot off as and when the pain would allow. The strange thing is she said it would do my toe more good to walk on it, with care, than have it in the boot which surprised me

So no problem driving for short journeys and I will walk on it as and when I can as well but if it gets too painful I will put the boot back on to sort of rest it if necessary

No more taxis for me
    Bev

I'm Grant.

Good news Bev. Don't get carried away tho. It's easy to get over confident and bash it.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Good news Bev. Don't get carried away tho. It's easy to get over confident and bash it.
    I agree. I doubt you'll be ready to give trick-or-treaters the usual kick up the arse. But don't worry - there's still the carol singers.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

Well it's a lot more painful without the boot on so I definitely won't be kicking anyone any time soon...
    Bev

I'm Geoff.

Well it's a lot more painful without the boot on so I definitely won't be kicking anyone any time soon...
    So no toe tapping with the Maggies just yet!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast