+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: When did you last visit a HiFi dealer ?

I'm Shaun.

2017 in Hull when I bought a pair of B&W CM8 S2's.

I'm alan.

Can't remember the year, but I walked out with a (New on the market) Audiolab 8000A.

I'm Robin.

Been in a couple recently in my search for a new turntable, which was an interesting experience
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm Geoff.

Can't recall last visit specifically, but last time I bought from a dealer was probably around 2003 and it would have been either Harrow Audio, where I bought a Denon DL-304 or Audio T in High Wycombe where I bought a Meridian 507 CD player and Dynaudio Contour 1.3 Mk.II speakers. I still have the 507. Excellent bit of kit!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm sorted.

Often pop into Brentwood Audio T for a chat with Paul but I've never bought anything from them.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Often pop into Brentwood Audio T for a chat with Paul but I've never bought anything from them.
    Not Paul Toal (https://uk.linkedin.com/in/paul-toal-71010819). I used to work with him years ago in a local store now long gone. If the same person he is firstly a really nice guy (wicked sense of humour), secondly very knowledgeable and thirdly very good at setting up turntables.
    Regards Neil

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral Morn View Post
    Not Paul Toal (https://uk.linkedin.com/in/paul-toal-71010819). I used to work with him years ago in a local store now long gone. If the same person he is firstly a really nice guy (wicked sense of humour), secondly very knowledgeable and thirdly very good at setting up turntables.
    That's the fella! Yes, really nice bloke & always has time for you. He sorted & set up my poorly Garrard 401 &, I'd forgotten, my other half bought me a record cleaning machine for Xmas from there & said Paul was really helpful.

I'm Martyn.

Westwood’s of Oxford, not long before they closed.

I'm Rob.

Richer Sounds (I suppose they count as a HiFi Dealer) in around 2005 and bought the new style Dacmagic Dac. There was a competition to win back the purchase price......and I won!....Yes really. £230...so a free Dac that I am currently using and very happy with.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    That's the fella! Yes, really nice bloke & always has time for you. He sorted & set up my poorly Garrard 401 &, I'd forgotten, my other half bought me a record cleaning machine for Xmas from there & said Paul was really helpful.
    Excellent. Last time I saw him was at NAS a few years ago, it was lovely to bump into him, same Paul I worked along side in the late 80s and early 90s. His system back then was Quad 57s, an Alphason Sonata, HR100s, and a Marantz CD94/DA94. I cant recall what amplification. I very much enjoyed visiting his home and hearing that system. He was also an important factor in my music education, without him I would not have got into Dance and Chill Out. He is also a very good singer.

Anyone looking for anything in that shop should ask for him.
    Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast