+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: When did you last visit a HiFi dealer ?

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral Morn View Post
    Excellent. Last time I saw him was at NAS a few years ago, it was lovely to bump into him, same Paul I worked along side in the late 80s and early 90s. His system back then was Quad 57s, an Alphason Sonata, HR100s, and a Marantz CD94/DA94. I cant recall what amplification. I very much enjoyed visiting his home and hearing that system. He was also an important factor in my music education, without him I would not have got into Dance and Chill Out. He is also a very good singer.

Anyone looking for anything in that shop should ask for him.
    He’s still got 57s apparently with Quad IIs. His beard is a lot longer than in his LinkedIn picture, approaching ZZ Top lengths. Didn’t realise he was actually 5 years younger than me! Will probably be giving him some business soon as I’ll be downsizing & will probably be looking to get some smaller speakers. The shop is nicely appointed with 2 good demo areas &, handily, adjacent to a car park. I’ll remember you to him next time I pop in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Matt.

Flip-side of the coin type question.....
    I wonder how many dealers would say they get contacted about gear that’s not working, or asking about how to set it up properly etc even though the gear has been bought off eBay/ 2nd hand etc.
    I would guess that there’s a few people who go to dealers, have demos, maybe even borrow stuff to try at home, only to return it & buy it 2nd hand somewhere else.
    And then we wonder why the high street is dying.

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Manicatel View Post
    Flip-side of the coin type question.....
    I wonder how many dealers would say they get contacted about gear that’s not working, or asking about how to set it up properly etc even though the gear has been bought off eBay/ 2nd hand etc.
    I would guess that there’s a few people who go to dealers, have demos, maybe even borrow stuff to try at home, only to return it & buy it 2nd hand somewhere else.
    And then we wonder why the high street is dying.
    I do believe it to be unscrupulous to waste a salesman’s time to go by online elsewhere. Many do it without a second thought, and often for a few dollars difference. Then, they wonder why their’s doesn’t perform like it did in the store? Due to improper setup, etc.

Russell

I'm Nari.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral Morn View Post
    Excellent. Last time I saw him was at NAS a few years ago, it was lovely to bump into him, same Paul I worked along side in the late 80s and early 90s. His system back then was Quad 57s, an Alphason Sonata, HR100s, and a Marantz CD94/DA94. I cant recall what amplification. I very much enjoyed visiting his home and hearing that system. He was also an important factor in my music education, without him I would not have got into Dance and Chill Out. He is also a very good singer.

Anyone looking for anything in that shop should ask for him.
    I remember the days when most of THE Audio T staff either had a Alphanson or pink, Martin colloms had a linn. I loved the battle of Alphason and pink I purchased both from them ended up loving the Alphason those were the days. Audio T west hampsted was walking distance from me and would often pop in and have a chat hifi was so much fun.
    Most important and used Walker Black Diamond Etsuro Gold, Micro Seiki 8000mk2 Kondo special V12 Tiger Eye, Fidelity Research FR 66 Shindo spu, EMT 927, sme 312 aluminium. Fidelity research fr66, Sme 3012 mk1, Sme V, Ikeda 407 IT Sme Model 30/2/Dynavector 507 Kodo Beat Turntable Airtangent 10B modified Fidelity fr66s Etsuro Cartridge . Kondo Gakuoh Mk1 powers G70 Pre,Audio Tekne TFA-8695PCS pre Audio Tekne TEA 8695 Phono. Lfd Battery Phono Stage heavily custom rebuilt by Dr Richard Bews, Tharx Phono Stage. Lfd Master Dual Biamp power amp, Lfd Anniversary master preamp. Shindo Latour Field Coil. Rockport Cygnus Biamped, Voigt Domestic Corner Horns/ Feastex Fildcoils. LFD Custom silver Ribbons. LFD Diamond Vipor Mk2 interconnects, Lfd Golden Cobra interconnect. Koetsu blue lace mono special order, Koetsu burma jade mono special order.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    He’s still got 57s apparently with Quad IIs. His beard is a lot longer than in his LinkedIn picture, approaching ZZ Top lengths. Didn’t realise he was actually 5 years younger than me! Will probably be giving him some business soon as I’ll be downsizing & will probably be looking to get some smaller speakers. The shop is nicely appointed with 2 good demo areas &, handily, adjacent to a car park. I’ll remember you to him next time I pop in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes and please pass on my regards.
    Regards Neil

I'm paul.

Was a while back, that's it, it was when hell froze over
    Bakoon 13r Denon DP80 Stax UA-70 Shure Ultra 500 in a Martin Bastin body with jico stylus, project ds2 digital Rullit aero 8 field coils in tqwt speakers

Office system, DIY CSS fullrange speakers with aurum cantus G2 ribbons yulong dac Sony STR6055 receiver Jvc QL-A51 direct drive turntable, Leema sub. JVC Z4S cart is in the house

Garage system another Sony receiver, cassette deck

System components are subject to change without warning and at the discretion of the owner.

I'm Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    I do believe it to be unscrupulous to waste a salesman’s time to go by online elsewhere. Many do it without a second thought, and often for a few dollars difference. Then, they wonder why their’s doesn’t perform like it did in the store? Due to improper setup, etc.

Russell
    agreed
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Robin.

I have been looking for a new turntable setup and will not be buying online.
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm Phil.

One hi fi dealer that i have visited is creative audio in Shrewsbury , apparently the owner is retiring and its closing friday which is sad
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post

Russell
    These tossers aren't giving a second's thought for the dealer who is just trying to scrape a living like the rest of us, so if his attempt to save a few bob results in a system that sounds a bit shit it bloody well serves him right.

Maybe I'm a bit soft in the head, but part of the buzz of buying new gear is the thought that I'm making the salesman's day a bit better!
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast