+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi all from a new member

I'm Ben.

Default Hi all from a new member

Hi All,

Thanks for having me here on the forum. I have been reading for a while and thought it was time to join.

I have enjoyed my Hi-Fi systems since I first bought an amp a Sherwood AI-1110 amplifier and Wgarfedale Delta 30 MkII speakers from Richer Sounds London Bridge Store when I was about 15 from savings made during from Christmas job (i then bought in subsequent years an Aiwa ADF-410 tape deck, Marantz CD52 mk2 CD player and a Denon TU-260L tuner...

Strange that I remember the model numbers of these but still own some of them - albeit that they have been enjoyed well over the years. I guess I used to enjoy reading amd re-ewading the Richer Sounds Catalogue as well as What Hi-Fi etc.

Nowadays my main system is still a Marantz CD-52 and I have learned how to fix the tray when the cog wheels break.. this connects to a Marantz PM 7200 which sounds wonderful when it is not being repaired (seems common faults on these)... and output is via Dynaudio BM5s which are amazing studio grade speakers that are exceptionally detailed whilst being both punchy and musical at the same time.

Mary Black (Babes in the Wood etc.)has always been a favourite alongside many others in my collection.

Joining here as I have seen a very nice (beautiful condition) PM84 listed and remember looking at these in one of my local Hi-Fi shops thinking 'one day'...

Fingers crossed I am not pipped to it, but happy to be here in any case :-)

Regards
    Ben

I'm bernard.

Hi Ben
    welcome to AOS
    hope you enjoy the forum

Bernie

I'm Geoff.

Hello Ben. Welcome to AOS.

If you want to discuss a purchase with a member, you'll need to get a few posts under your belt. The PM (personal message) privilege kicks in once you have five posts and you'll need PM's to chat about buying.

Feel free to join in the general chat anyway, we like everybody to chip in.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.

+ Reply to Thread