+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Receivers wanted..

I'm Steve.

Default Receivers wanted..

I'm looking for the following receivers. If you can help please send me a private message. Thanks.

Sanyo JCX-2600, 2900
    Pioneer SX-1250
    Rotel RX-1603
    Technics SA-800
    Yamaha CR-2040, 3020
    Marantz 2285, 2325, 2330, 2385, 2500, 2600

Or what have you, around 100w/ch or above. Private message me. Thanks.

I'm Steve.

Still looking for high power vintage receivers to add to my collection - anyone?

I'm Steve.

Of those listed above, I'm particularly looking for the Sanyo now if anyone can help. Please PM me. Thanks.

I'm Felipe.

Can't help you at the moment, as I've had a downsize on my collection (*), but had most of the receivers in that list (except some Marantz) and some of the ones I miss the most are the Sanyo. True beasts, the 2900 is essentially the same as the 2600 and is nothing short of outstanding even if not looking much by it's kinda fragile wooden case and rear connections. The Yamaha CR-2020/3020...mehhh! :>

(*) I'm currently using a National Panasonic SA-65 that's probably the best thing I have ever heard SS, if you ever see one run to get it! GL!

I'm Steve.

Thanks for your input, appreciated and interesting. That National Panasonic looks a strange beast, mind you, 1967 - a little early for me I'm more '76 to '82ish in my tastes. Not sure what you mean by your comment re the Yamaha 2020/3020?!

I'm Felipe.

Hi Steve

I've had the CR-2020 and heard the 3020 in a friends house and they sounded the same, build quality is astonishing and I found them very powerful (as they are supposed to be), excellent tuner, but very anemic compared to the equivalent models from Sansui, Technics, etc. I might be biased as I can't get on with the variable loudness on them I have done the service mods on the CR-2020 and they were a bit of a PITA (to say the least) to desolder power supply wiring and access the board & caps underneath the power supply board - so if you get one it would be best to already have the mods done to it. Cheers!

+ Reply to Thread