+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SWAP/SALE: Royd Audio Atom - ported loudspeaker with ribbon tweeter

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Adam.

Default SWAP/SALE: Royd Audio Atom - ported loudspeaker with ribbon tweeter

Continuing to sell off my HiFi. I have two pairs available, one finished in ruby red and another in birch ply.

I would also consider potential trades for the following Naim items: ND5XS and perhaps NAC-N 172XS

These are a cracking pair of stand-mount speakers. They are designed to strike a fine balance when playing back both analogue and digital sources. The Isodynamic tweeter is very special and the way it crosses with the mid bass means that there is a very smooth reproduction in the sound that goes beyond 20Khz. Despite many people not hearing beyond even 17Khz this does make a difference to the overall presentation of the music.

Bass is punchy and the side firing ports mean it can go close to the wall. Contrary to what people think ported loudspeakers can work very close to boundary walls with the distance away being a minimum of the port diameter. In this case 10cm would still let the ports work. However any speaker design placed near corners or walls will lift the bass in a room. Some myths busted about speaker placement.

I have been swapping boxes for many years and have too many speakers and audio kit in general hence why I'm selling these off, however rest assured I'm still keeping back a pair as they are very good indeed! These are the latest version with Mk3 crossovers, paired ports and latest Isodynamic tweeters.

Side firing "paired" ported enclosure.
    Coated paper cone mid-bass driver.
    Isodynamic tweeter.
    Bi Wired terminals.

Type: 2 way bass reflex
    Sensitivity: 86dB
    Impedence: 8 Ohms
    Frequency: 40Hz ~ 22Khz
    X-max: 10mm
    Amplifier power: 35 watts ~ 75 watts
    Dimensions: 319mm h x 180mm w x 260mm d

Priced at £450 per pair for forum rules.

I'm located in Oxfordshire collection would be preferred.

Last edited by smallangryboy; 12-10-2018 at 07:23.

+ Reply to Thread