+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Denon DL-S1 MC cartridge

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by STD305M View Post
    I think instant likes and dislikes are paramount and save us a lot of hard earned money
    No point listening to something your not a 100% happy with in the hope you'll grow to like it.

I heard Oliver's Monarchy Amp and instantly new i wanted it and the second it went up for sale i bought it.

I would never buy something i was only 95% happy with

Steve
    Totally agree, except I buy it and then decide if I like it

Seriously, this cartridge is very very good. I don't dislike it, I prefer the Kb.

If I had a mate who was running an AT33PTG,, I'd suggest this cartridge as a definite upgrade

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Totally agree, except I buy it and then decide if I like it
    As long as you're buying used and not paying over the odds it is the best and cheapest way to try loads of kit. By far. I don't understand why some people don't get that.

Okay you can get new kit on trial but then you are under some pressure to make a decision at some point. If you own it you can take a year or more if you want. There's zero pressure. Although I suppose if you still using it after a year you probably do like it.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    As long as you're buying used and not paying over the odds it is the best and cheapest way to try loads of kit. By far. I don't understand why some people don't get that.

Okay you can get new kit on trial but then you are under some pressure to make a decision at some point. If you own it you can take a year or more if you want. There's zero pressure. Although I suppose if you still using it after a year you probably do like it.
    It's just the most logical way. I buy, try and then keep or move on. I'm under no pressure financially to sell so I can take the time I need and then try something else.

I'm Martin.

yep that's what I like to do as well.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Bigman80 Guest

So, the DL-S1 is now sold. It's cost me £8 to try this top class cartridge. Ok, I've lost a very small amount but I'm far richer for the experience.

I'll have fond memories of this cartridge and the direction i am now taking is the right one for me.

Congratulations to he new owner, I am sure he'll be thrilled.

I'm Geoff.

I loved the Denon DL-S1 and it was only bettered by my Audio Technica Art-1.
    This hobby though has to be about personal preference, just as some people prefer an Audi to a Range Rover.

My preference has always been to hear what is on the original recording so I have always lent to the revealing.
    Congratulations on the quick sale and the desire to try things and make up your own mind. That's what it is all about.
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by oldius View Post
    I loved the Denon DL-S1 and it was only bettered by my Audio Technica Art-1.
    This hobby though has to be about personal preference, just as some people prefer an Audi to a Range Rover.

My preference has always been to hear what is on the original recording so I have always lent to the revealing.
    Congratulations on the quick sale and the desire to try things and make up your own mind. That's what it is all about.
    Cheers mate.

It's going to a good home with someone who already enjoys the Denon sound so he should be well leased when it gets there.

Only way to know it to buy and try.

I'm paul.

And that's the outcome mate. Not enough discernable difference for me to move on.
    I know where you're coming from oli, had the same with the decca and Shure ultra, the Shure did everything right, why break the spell.
    Bakoon 13r Denon DP80 Stax UA-70 Shure Ultra 500 in a Martin Bastin body with jico stylus, project ds2 digital Rullit aero 8 field coils in tqwt speakers

Office system, DIY CSS fullrange speakers with aurum cantus G2 ribbons yulong dac Sony STR6055 receiver Jvc QL-A51 direct drive turntable, Leema sub. JVC Z4S cart is in the house

Garage system another Sony receiver, cassette deck

System components are subject to change without warning and at the discretion of the owner.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by paulf-2007 View Post
    I know where you're coming from oli, had the same with the decca and Shure ultra, the Shure did everything right, why break the spell.
    Exactly. I'm willing to give anything a listen and I've been down the Decca road. A Blue and a Gold but they really didn't work out here.

Open minded so happy to take a punt but it's GOT TO improve my system as a whole, and if it doesn't I don't keep it.

I'm jamie.

Cheers mate.

It's going to a good home with someone who already enjoys the Denon sound so he should be well leased when it gets there.

Only way to know it to buy and try.
    if its who i think it is,he's already got my SA so a fine collection of denons to choose from.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast