+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: How long have we got?

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by paulf-2007 View Post
    And your point is?
    I find cd much the same as streaming so cd is an inconvenience having to get up and change discs. Vinyl is a more worthwhile inconvenience.
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Houses are so expensive because there aren't enough of them. You can't really say the same thing about hi-fi equipment.
    Some houses in the UK are cheap because they're in places no-one wants to live. AFAIK there's no regional variation within the UK in the price of hifi.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by paulf-2007 View Post
    And your point is?
    I find cd much the same as streaming so cd is an inconvenience having to get up and change discs. Vinyl is a more worthwhile inconvenience.
    If you have children you can get them to change the CD for you instead of getting up yourself, thus solving that problem. I've never understood why people don't make more use of their children as domestic servants, it would offset at least some of the cost and inconvenience of having them.

I don't recommend allowing children anywhere near your turntable or vinyl though, unless you want a broken stylus and chocolate and jam smeared all over your album sleeves.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Adam.

If you have children you can get them to change the CD for you instead of getting up yourself, thus solving that problem. I've never understood why people don't make more use of their children as domestic servants, it would offset at least some of the cost and inconvenience of having them.
    I'll try that, but i'll need longer chains, so they can reach the spinner.
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Martin.

I think Homebase does them.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I don't recommend allowing children anywhere near your turntable or vinyl though, unless you want a broken stylus and chocolate and jam smeared all over your album sleeves.
    I wouldn't want jam or chocolate smeared over my CDs either.
    Barry

I'm Martin.

No but it's easier to clean it off.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I wouldn't want jam or chocolate smeared over my CDs either.
    No. Peanut butter is much nicer.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Yes, you have to get up every 20 minutes to turn the record over, re-fit the record clamp,clean the surface with a record brush, check the stylus is clean and cue the pickup arm. Whereas with a CD, you just pop it in the drawer and press 'play' - and you only need do that every 60 minutes or so.
    You have all that to do when playing vinyl? No wonder my records crackle like buggery.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    You have all that to do when playing vinyl? No wonder my records crackle like buggery.
    I have some CDs that 'crackle' - they're transcriptions of live recordings made in the late '40s, early '50s.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast