+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Glastonbury 2019

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    I know.. But, coming from an ex goth being happy isn't good... Lol

Mind you, being on stage doing what they were doing to all those people must have broken his goth rule. And quite rightly so.

The BBC has this crazy eq balancing thing where sometimes the music is really loud and the voices are really set back... And of course the other way around.

Its crazy and coming from a corporation like the BBC where they used to excel in sound and vision its a disgrace...

They lost the men in brown lab coats and got an army of YTS kids instead to save money and to pay presenters £150.000 pa. Instead.

Bonkers.

Sent from my 9001X using Tapatalk
    I can't say I was ever a Goth but I did have a Goth girlfriend called Sue. She used to take me to a club called The Whip.

Ouch!.

She was psychologically a bit odd, though. But for a very good reason I don't feel at liberty to divulge.

I'm James.

Just been listening to the Cure Glastonbury Gig on Iplayer. I was not a massive fan of the Cure but I am now.

Their music is sublime, imperial and mesmerising. I listened on headphones and was blown away by the quality of their live sound. You can hear ever instrument very clearly and their playing is perfection.

All I can say is WOW and probably the best Glastonbury Gig I have listened too in the last 30 years!
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Justin.

Be careful with The Cure. Albums like Disintegration will suck you in. It's excellent stuff but it's also pretty bloody depressing.

I was a Cure fan since the first album, which I always think is the best thing they ever did. I strongly recommend that. And it ain't living in the depths of self pity. It's so simply mixed and the sound quality on vinyl with a decent pressing is great.

I've heard all their stuff so many times I do find it hard to listen to. But never the first album. Over and over again it's always great.

I'm alan.

+1

The highlight of Glastonbury.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    Be careful with The Cure. Albums like Disintegration will suck you in. It's excellent stuff but it's also pretty bloody depressing.

I was a Cure fan since the first album, which I always think is the best thing they ever did. I strongly recommend that. And it ain't living in the depths of self pity. It's so simply mixed and the sound quality on vinyl with a decent pressing is great.

I've heard all their stuff so many times I do find it hard to listen to. But never the first album. Over and over again it's always great.
    What an awesome sound they create live Justin, I saw the Floyd play The Wall at Earls Court 1979 and that was probably the best mind-blowing gig I went to with crystal clear quadraphonic sound. The Floyd were superb producers and knew how to produce a fantastic live sound however I would put the Cure on the same level with that Gig at Glastonbury. Obviously the visuals were not on the same league.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

I'm Justin.

This also comes highly recommended, though I actually have a CD that has both the electric versions and the acoustic versions.

I personally think the acoustic versions are way better. Sound quality is excellent at least in the digital domain, but I know you like your vinyl Jim.

Greatest Hits Acoustic [VINYL]
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B071F9W3..._DWIjDb6QS7NXP

I'm James.

This also comes highly recommended, though I actually have a CD that has both the electric versions and the acoustic versions.

I personally think the acoustic versions are way better. Sound quality is excellent at least in the digital domain, but I know you like your vinyl Jim.

Greatest Hits Acoustic [VINYL]
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B071F9W3..._DWIjDb6QS7NXP
    Thanks Justin, I have a feeling I may well be buying a lot of their stuff and I am drawn to much of their music they did on disintegration! I like dark and miserable!

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Thanks Justin, I have a feeling I may well be buying a lot of their stuff and I am drawn to much of their music they did on disintegration! I like dark and miserable!
    Well that reco is quite cheerful for them.

Check out Watching Me Fall from Bloodflowers. That's a blinkin' masterpiece of miserable.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    One of the best sets I saw this year (on telly anyway) was The Chemical Brothers.

Phenonomental...

Had me throwin' shapes at the telly...
    Christine and the Queens for me.
    Regards Neil

I'm Justin.

Well that reco is quite cheerful for them.

Check out Watching Me Fall from Bloodflowers. That's a blinkin' masterpiece of miserable.
    You can't stream this track on TIDAL.

I suspect it's the same on other streaming services.

I think they're trying to make you pay for it.

Good value at any price. I was obsessed with that track for ages

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast