+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Glastonbury 2019

I'm Martin.

The tickets seem to sell out a year in advance. I would like more of a spur of the moment decision to go.

I have mixed feelings about it. I get an urge to go and then think about rainy weather and the trek to the toilets. Im probably too old to suffer for the art in that way

Dare I say some of it is well overrated and you are not going to see every act so choose wisely

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel SE View Post
    The tickets seem to sell out a year in advance. I would like more of a spur of the moment decision to go.

I have mixed feelings about it. I get an urge to go and then think about rainy weather and the trek to the toilets. Im probably too old to suffer for the art in that way

Dare I say some of it is well overrated and you are not going to see every act so choose wisely
    IMO the line up doesn't matter, Martin - you'll always find something you like, and not just bands. I loved it when I went ('92, '93, '94) but then I was 25 years younger. I'd happily give it another shot if they could guarantee no one would do a shit outside my tent. The memory of crawling out in the morning and my hand squashing a freshly laid turd is a bit of a deal breaker for me
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

Yeah Ive got to go...I must go and experience it but I have no illusions about crowds, the cramped conditions and living in a field. Ive heard the stories about tents going missing and a nice big turd on your groundsheet.

I do like a bit of space to set my chairs out and have a gin and tonic

Its a younger persons game in many ways but I will probably be buzzing on the vibe and get on the mud slide
    " Did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?"

'I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, sir' said Alice, 'because I'm not myself, you see.'.

I'm Steve.

I believe there is an area for campervans/motorhomes. I could certainly put up with that

The year of the turd was also the year that all my money was stolen - my silly fault for being too pissed to realise that leaving all your cash in your jeans then leaving them at the unzipped entrance your tent is a bad idea. Also the year that my car window got broken and my CD plyer and 30 or so CDs went. That was a draughty and music-free return home.

Apart from that it was a brill weekend! Go for it Martin, regrets are always things we didn't do, not the things we did. If a few AOS members went, we could get together and tell bands like Oasis that their recordings are shit.

Quick edit for a tip: bog roll and a camping chair are essential!

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    The year of the turd was also the year that all my money was stolen - my silly fault for being too pissed to realise that leaving all your cash in your jeans then leaving them at the unzipped entrance your tent is a bad idea. Also the year that my car window got broken and my CD plyer and 30 or so CDs went. That was a draughty and music-free return home.
    I've never been, and would love to go, an AoS posse sounds a good idea, but this isn't really selling it for me!

On the other hand, I'd gladly put up with all that and more to be able to tell Oasis they are shit!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Nigel.

Just book a place at the Bath and West Show ground for your camper, then get the shuttle bus service that runs non stop to the site, safe and hassle free.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    I've never been, and would love to go, an AoS posse sounds a good idea, but this isn't really selling it for me!

On the other hand, I'd gladly put up with all that and more to be able to tell Oasis they are shit!
    My selling skills are legendary - EE offered me big money to get a job on Vodafone's sales team

The year of the turd, the tent robbing and the car break-in was also Oasis' first year at Glastonbury. just saying...

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Dave.

The site these days so different to the early 90's Steve, especially the toilets. The place so much nicer, less thieving etc. AOS have a get together there , unfortunately Ali hasn't made it the last couple of years.
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by jollyfix View Post
    The site these days so different to the early 90's Steve, especially the toilets. The place so much nicer, less thieving etc. AOS have a get together there , unfortunately Ali hasn't made it the last couple of years.
    That's good to know, and I didn't know there was an AOS posse. I might just make an effort for next year, or rather Mrs. P will, as I hear that getting tickets involves a bit more than a visit to the local record shop. As you know (and I mentioned to Martin), it's so much more than just the bands, and any Glasto stories you come away with (every visitor will have at least one) are likely to be anything but the music

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Dave.

Sent you PM Steve.
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast