+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Camel - Dust and Dreams

I'm Shaun.

Default Camel - Dust and Dreams

Just trying to get away from this obsessive hobby thing that is wrapped around constantly changing equipment in the belief that it is an upgrade only to find that it's not and was having a bit of a music session. Yes, music.

Played Camel's Dust and Dreams CD in the darkness and tranquility of a weekday evening and was reminded of just how emotionally sad the music is to this album. It is unbelievably melancholy especially the little refrain that starts the album and returns all of the way through it.

I've always loved the music of Andy Latimer and the other guys but this album has to be my favourite of all of them. I have a deep affection for Moonmadness as well but it sounds very dated now.

So pleased that Mr Latimer overcame his illness a few years back.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Haselsh1 View Post
    Just trying to get away from this obsessive hobby thing that is wrapped around constantly changing equipment in the belief that it is an upgrade only to find that it's not and was having a bit of a music session. Yes, music.

Played Camel's Dust and Dreams CD in the darkness and tranquility of a weekday evening and was reminded of just how emotionally sad the music is to this album. It is unbelievably melancholy especially the little refrain that starts the album and returns all of the way through it.

I've always loved the music of Andy Latimer and the other guys but this album has to be my favourite of all of them. I have a deep affection for Moonmadness as well but it sounds very dated now.

So pleased that Mr Latimer overcame his illness a few years back.
    That is good news regarding Andy, I didn't know that. Yes Dust and Dreams is a fabulous album.
    Regards Neil

I'm Steve.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    That is good news regarding Andy, I didn't know that. Yes Dust and Dreams is a fabulous album.
    Watched Andy play recently at te Royal Albert all during wic he played some of Dust And Dreams wit aplomb.

I'm steve.

Camel were and are a wildly underrated band, only saw them live once at Sheffield City Hall, the Breathless tour in the late 1970s, memorable
    I’ve got all their albums in my music collection, Rain Dances, Moon Madness and Stationary Traveller are probably my favourites.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z View Post
    Camel were and are a wildly underrated band, only saw them live once at Sheffield City Hall, the Breathless tour in the late 1970s, memorable
    I’ve got all their albums in my music collection, Rain Dances, Moon Madness and Stationary Traveller are probably my favourites.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yes Steve, Moon Madness is sublime. The track Song Within A Song is stunning. Mmm, thinking, maybe it's time for a listen

+ Reply to Thread