+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: WTD: Xiang Sheng DAC 01A , fitted with a WE valve

I'm Rob.

Hello donmarrese,

Yep I'll give it good listen to both tube and ss with a report to follow.

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by meBob View Post
    Hello Jerry,

Yes please, the SEG is the only dac I have and I'd like to test/benchmark it against something else before I consider the Dorado psu upgrade.

If a £90 dac can hold its place within your excellent kit, it must be a real gem. The only thing that stops me showing a serious interest in it, is that I'm currently using the SEG as a preamp to a Quad 405-2 and need the preamp in the XS01A. The Quad +SEG is a nice pleasant combo, easy to listen to and entertaining, but I don't mind trying new stuff.

I'll PM my address again.

Thanks,
    Rob
    Umm wasn't Jerry offering to lend it to Don (the OP)?

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by donmarrese View Post
    Hi Jerry, just got back...thanks for the offer...I too would like Rob to test out your XS01A and see what he thinks of it...I suppose I'll be second dibs if he doesn't go for it.
    Noooo. I'm not sure I want to sell it.
    It wasn't a cunning sales ploy. Just an offer of a loan to suss out the sound quality
    The headphone output with digital and analog inputs is what I'd be keeping it for.

Anyway, not sure what I could fairly ask for a faulty DAC (duff USB input).
    I guess I'd be OK with selling the WE valve, though.

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Umm wasn't Jerry offering to lend it to Don (the OP)?

Whoa - yes. I just dipped in to the thread and rather lost track of who was who!
    Where did meBob come in on this?
    Happy to loan it to whoever, but it does seem that the OP has first dibs.

I'm Don.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post

Whoa - yes. I just dipped in to the thread and rather lost track of who was who!
    Where did meBob come in on this?
    Happy to loan it to whoever, but it does seem that the OP has first dibs.
    Hi Jerry...as to complete comparison/report back for everyone's benefit, , I don't mind it going to Rob (meBob) first..Perhaps meBob could then send DAC down to me and I'll have a listen, and I'll get Lawrence to cast an ear and eye over it too..(he's just down the road..)...then we'll take it from there if that's ok with you....?

And by the way, thanks for the offer...

ps. (I always handle kit with Kid gloves!)

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by donmarrese View Post
    Hi Jerry...as to complete comparison/report back for everyone's benefit, , I don't mind it going to Rob (meBob) first..Perhaps meBob could then send DAC down to me and I'll have a listen, and I'll get Lawrence to cast an ear and eye over it too..(he's just down the road..)...then we'll take it from there if that's ok with you....?

And by the way, thanks for the offer...

ps. (I always handle kit with Kid gloves!)
    OK - I'll send it to Rob.

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    Noooo. I'm not sure I want to sell it.
    It wasn't a cunning sales ploy. Just an offer of a loan to suss out the sound quality
    The headphone output with digital and analog inputs is what I'd be keeping it for.

Anyway, not sure what I could fairly ask for a faulty DAC (duff USB input).
    I guess I'd be OK with selling the WE valve, though.
    Sorry to jump on the bandwagon but would you be willing to let me try the valve at some point with a view to a sale?
    VPI Scout 1.1, Hana ML, Vanderveen MC10 SUT, WAD Phono3, Rpi3B+/Digione Signature, Xiang Sheng DAC-01, WAD KiT6550 and Reiver Edingdale SR

I'm Mike.

From a box swapper to box loaner in one easy post Jerry

It's something I've thought of doing as well as it's sometimes difficult to try out new/different kit, mind you not so easy for me now that I've gotten rid of most of my extra kit.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    From a box swapper to box loaner in one easy post Jerry

It's something I've thought of doing as well as it's sometimes difficult to try out new/different kit, mind you not so easy for me now that I've gotten rid of most of my extra kit.
    Jerry is very decent about loaning stuff. I got a shot of his original xs and immediately bought one from same seller. quite a while ago now mind.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Andrew.

Most people come here then go and buy one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast