+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Old / New Member (tdlt02)

I'm Mark.

Default Old / New Member (tdlt02)

Hi Folks,

Joined a fair few years ago and asked various questions on the forum related to turntables. Then settled down and did not do anything with my system.
    Now in the mood to upgrade, so back bothering people again with questions in the future!

Mark

I'm Geoff.

Hello Mark. Welcome back.

Tell us what music you listen to and what equipment you have in your system.

If you have upgrades in mind, I'm sure members can give you plenty of opinions on prospective purchases.

Feel free to join in and chat with everybody.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.

I'm Neil.

Welcome back
    Regards Neil

I'm Mark.

Have a Musical Fidelity MVT Pre and P270 - 2 power amp, Pioneer PD 2-703 CD player. Pioneer 600 Mixer. Various half decent cables, and a good power supply box & cable plug.

I use to have a lovely mint Townshend Rock with the desirable surround plinth with the lid top, but did not use it a lot with my young son running around back then (4/5 years ago) was mostly spinning with my Technics 1210 turntables, so decided to sell (also took up a lot of space having three decks and a mixer next to each other).

I also do a bit of DJ stuff in the UK and Europe occasionally (got to spin in L.A. last October which was cool). I play here in London at Spiritland and Brilliant Corners sometimes, both of these bar/restaurants have high end equipment in place.
    Just last week released onto the market a limited 7" reissue single with two tracks taken from the very rare 1978 album by California singer April Fulladosa.

One of my Technics 1210 turntables is standard, and the other one has a few upgrades. Stuff like Isonoe Feet, Sumiko Headshell, Ortofon Blue MM Cartridge, Oyaide Metal Slip Mat and Isokinetik record weight.

I'm wondering if anyone on here has experience of running a Shelter, Dynavector or Koetsu MC cartridges. Cartridge would be going on the end of a SME 310 tonearm...

Music I normally play out at gigs and at home is Soul, Jazz, Disco, AOR, Brazilian, Soundtracks/Library, Prog, Balearic stuff.
    Not a lot of new beatz, though if I hear something that I think is good I'll buy it and spin it (no chart music played at all). So around 75 to 80% old, alongside new released stuff that still has real musicians playing on it!

Mark GV - Reference Point
    Last edited by tdlt02; 08-10-2018 at 17:54.

I'm Martin.

Hi Mark, welcome back.

Decent amplifiers you have there, you could do with hanging some good speakers off of them.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Mark.

Doh! Now added...LOL

+ Reply to Thread