+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WTD: Full range/horn speakers

I'm Lawrence.

Default WTD: Full range/horn speakers

After buying some Bastani Dragonflies for my second system and liking what they do I'm putting some feelers out for a similar pair for my main system. Preferably with a tweeter to come in at the high frequencies. Room friendly floorstanders are also preferred. WLM Divas look ideal. I'll have to sell my Ushers to fund it, they're going on eBay tonight. I'd also ideally like grilles to protect them from the children but that seems uncommon. Oh and to make it even more difficult, I'll need them bringing to London.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm Grant.

Maybe state power handling needs etc
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Lawrence.

Good point Grant, as I like a broad mix of music including rock I thought I'd be best off with the valve gear I've got so they don't need to be sensitive enough for single ended triodes, I think 93db plus is fine. I'm hoping to get c. £900 for the ushers so that defines my maximum budget.

I'm Lawrence.

Just to add I could probably find a bit more for the right ones eg WLM Divas!

lordmortlock Guest

Ever considered building some XL Frugalhorns Lawrence?

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by lordmortlock View Post
    Ever considered building some XL Frugalhorns Lawrence?
    Never considered building anything Jake as I'm a bit cack handed at woodwork. I'm ok at electronics but speakers are beyond me. I'd rather someone else did the work then handed them over to me when they decided it was time to move on

lordmortlock Guest

Theyre really easy to build and the new cabs look great with just some oil or wax. There’s a good thread on pfm with a pic of them on, worth a look. Here’s Stefans site with the kits

https://www.kjfaudio.com/2016/08/17/...-construction/

Not sure if James/brumjam sold his in the end, could be worth a pm to him.

I think every enthusiast should own a pair at some point, they do what they do brilliantly.

I'm Lawrence.

I'm rather smitten with the 8" coaxial Eminence drivers in the Bastanis mind you I'm not sure a small single driver would be as suitable to my taste. Ideally I'd go 10" in the main system.

I'm gordan.

I'm afraid WLM Diva ain't neither full range nor horn though I trust those who find it great.
    Gordan.
    Speakers: Oris Swing MkII
    Amps: Thomas Mayer 300b/ Hiraga La Maison de L'Audiophile 20
    Preamp: Silver AVC by eng. Ferenc Lazar
    Phono Preamp: Shishido LCR by Solaja Audio
    Decks: Garrard 301 Martin Bastin reworked/plinthed with Fidelity Research FR64fx
    Garrard 401 in eng Ferenc Lazar solid wenge plinth with SME 3012/2
    Cartridges: SPU Spirit/ Koetsu Black revisited by eng. Salai/ Miyajima Shilabe
    Step Up Transformers: Tango MCT 999/ Ortofon T-5000/ Lumiere SUT
    Digital: Shigaclone by eng. Ferenc Lazar with Lampizator Amber II
    Wires: of sufficient length

I'm Geoff.

Take a look through the kits Wilmslow Audio have to offer, you might see something you like: https://www.wilmslowaudio.co.uk/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast