+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Starting from scratch...

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Me too, I got a pair of Cambridge Audio Studio Reference cables on Ebay for £20, some poor sucker paid £120 new.

To me they sounded exactly the same as my Cambridge Audio Pacific ones which in turn sounded the same as the Chord Indigos I borrowed.

I'm sure the devout will say my equipment isn't good enough to exploit the better cables or it's my hearing or something similar.

I won't convince them and until I do actually hear a difference they won't convince me either lol

Yes I'm no longer sure changing cables makes much difference.

Last year I accidentally touched a live while changing an extractor fan (not nice). A few weeks later I got a belt while changing a light fitting. And you know what? I noticed NO DIFFERENCE. Came as a bit of a shock.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post

I have to confess that the outrageous hyperbolic blurb was what attracted me to try them.

And, amazingly, expectation bias led me to actually agree with the hype.
    They really are very good.

They are made by W&M, a well established Dutch company. Very well made. I also have a pair of balanced interconnects made by them which could be used to tow quite a large ocean going liner!
    Or some rather large MBL speakers.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Steve.

Sorry, you did say interconnects. I haven't woken up yet.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Craig.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Solid core Cu is all you need. Why not take a trip to your local Wickes and buy the biggest cross section diameter copper cable they have. I used to use Nordost SPM speaker cables at stuipd pounds per meter. I then went onto Van dan Hul Blue 6mm Studio grade at far less cost and then 6mm solid copper from Wickes (no difference) in sound quality and cheaper than Van den Hul.
    Surely you mean Van Damme Blue?
    Bluesound Node 2i
    Audio Analogue Pucinni SE
    B&W DM607 s2
    Chord Shawline X speaker cable
    Klotz ic’s

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234