+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Not Another SS Monoblock Power Amp Link

I'm John.

Default Not Another SS Monoblock Power Amp Link

Below is a link,
    I think the design is very emotive and draws on ones attention, as for the rest, hopefully one day we will cross paths and let them sing.

https://www.audionirvana.org/forum/m...ock-amplifiers

I'm Mike.

That is beyond big !
    Monster
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Damian.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMusic View Post
    That is beyond big !
    Monster
    Which is good as many would more than likely have to sell their house and move into the amp to afford it!

I'm Geoff.

We've seen that here before. It reminds me of a sixties Cadillac car, needless, tasteless, excess!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    We've seen that here before. It reminds me of a sixties Cadillac car, needless, tasteless, excess!
    Agreed - the styling stinks! I'm sure it will go down a storm with oligarchs, footballers and 'willy wavers'.
    Barry

I'm Timothy.

I think it looks okay in that more modernist steampunk way, but the price for all that crap? No thanks, yes directed at those mentioned above, those with a much higher means than me. Even I did have the cash, I doubt I would be looking to buy them.
    Holbo TT-Nag 110-Croft phono/Innuos Zen MK2/LinnenberG Telemann DAC-Preamp/LinnenberG Allegro monoblocs/Duevel Venus/LinnenberG Maestro SE-Senn. 660S DH Labs cabling

Croft Series 7 amps, WLM La Scala, Naim Uniti1, Naim Nait XS3, Naim ND5XS2, Guru Junior

Well 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder' of course, as we have seen with the turntable thread - but I really do think the Dan D'Agostino effort looks ostentatious, 'blingy', and IMO 'vulgar'.

Mind you I think the same of the looks of the darTZeel products. And closer to home, that of Chord electronics.

Shame sound electronic design is spoilt by cosmetics.
    Barry

I'm Martin.

If you were wealthy enough to afford them you could probably get them built into a more tasteful case. It's really only that nasty copper trim that makes it look shit, you could just cover it over with tape or something. Bit of black Hammerite paint maybe. I think that would cure it.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    If you were wealthy enough to afford them you could probably get them built into a more tasteful case. It's really only that nasty copper trim that makes it look shit, you could just cover it over with tape or something. Bit of black Hammerite paint maybe. I think that would cure it.
    Yes - a tasteful black or gunmetal finish. And get shot of the ghastly meter!
    Barry

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Well 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder' of course, but I really do think the Dan D'Agostino effort looks ostentatious, 'blingy', and IMO 'vulgar'.

Mind you I think the same of the looks of Chord electronics.
    Couldn't agree more, but the boxes and ergonomics of the latest Chord range are, to my eye at least, quite attractive and if not discreet then at least not shrieking 'gimmick' at me like their previous efforts.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread