+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Latest Greatest Upgrade to Caiman SEG

I'm Lee.

Default Latest Greatest Upgrade to Caiman SEG

I just received Stan's latest clock/firmware/power supply upgrade to my Caiman SEG. Definitely improved PRaT over what was already very fine sound. Plucked strings, bowed strings, percussion, bass, piano and voices all now have even more texture, drive and realism. ... more "in the room" presence. No question it's an improvement. I'm sure Stan will have more to say, but I just wanted folks to be aware that his latest creation is well worth the upgrade.

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I just received Stan's latest clock/firmware/power supply upgrade to my Caiman SEG. Definitely improved PRaT over what was already very fine sound. Plucked strings, bowed strings, percussion, bass, piano and voices all now have even more texture, drive and realism. ... more "in the room" presence. No question it's an improvement. I'm sure Stan will have more to say, but I just wanted folks to be aware that his latest creation is well worth the upgrade.
    Hi Lee, thanks, can you upgrade the SEG yourself?

I'm Lee.

I'm not sure about a self-installed upgrade. Stan upgraded mine, so best contact him for details. BTW, I've been listening all day and can't seem to stop. Voices are so much more articulate and moving. Films, too, have new life. Good luck getting yours updated.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by twotone View Post
    Hi Lee, thanks, can you upgrade the SEG yourself?
    Yes for the firmware upgrade. Just replace an EPROM in socket.

Geoff

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    Yes for the firmware upgrade. Just replace an EPROM in socket.

Geoff

It's a simple process that is fully described on my website.

I'm Jerry.

Just got my Dorado and firmware update.
    Nice metal box, not expected for the price but I would have liked the 'on' switch position to be up so that it matched the SEG.
    Took about two hours to settle down in my system after which the sounstage opened up and the sound qualilty improved with more punch.
    A superb, value for money product-typically Beresford.
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm AndrewR.

Quote Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
    Just got my Dorado and firmware update.
    Nice metal box, not expected for the price but I would have liked the 'on' switch position to be up so that it matched the SEG.
    Took about two hours to settle down in my system after which the sounstage opened up and the sound qualilty improved with more punch.
    A superb, value for money product-typically Beresford.
    Nice review. Is it improving further over time?

Andrew
    Andrew Randle

I'm Jerry.

Hi Andrew
    Absolutely, I sat in the dark this evening listening and the sound seemed to wrap around me. The level of detail retrieval has steadily improved as well.
    The best money I have spent this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewR View Post
    Nice review. Is it improving further over time?

Andrew
    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm TAD.

Just yesterday, I installed the SEG30 chip and connected the new Dorado running at 15v. My system uses 2 SEG's, one for the treble and on for the midrange/bass.
    Anyways, separation of instruments has just blown me away. What an upgrade! Christmas has definitely come early this year. Oh yeah, many thanks need to go to Sean at Custom Hifi Cables. I have a DC3 PS which he custom built for me.
    BUT, Stan has dun it again guv! 'nuff said.
    Tad.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast