+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi-Cap DR - For Supernait 2 - Damn It !

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

I do not listen at high volumes and I've certainly never heard any harshness using the Supernait 2 and Maggies, quite the opposite
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Matt.

I’ve heard the difference adding a DR HCap can make to a SNait2 & for me it was pretty substantial. Soundstage opening up & bass control in particular were improved.
    Going back to running just the snait2 really highlighted the difference.
    In isolation the snait2 is a great amp, more than enough for most people, but adding the hcap was a pretty obvious upgrade.

I'm Phil.

Wish I had known about these teddie pardoe psi when I had my sn2
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

Quote Originally Posted by Riislingen View Post
    After all, it's just a transformer, couple of caps and a discreet regulator. Considering that, Naim's retail price seems steep indeed - then again that was always the case.
    It may be "just a transformer, couple of caps and a discreet regulator" but like most things Naim it is very well made, and heavy, and it does add 'something' to the SN2 's sound..

Whether I prefer the SN2 with or without the HC I have no idea yet until I swap back to the SN2 by itself but I will give it a couple of weeks before I do that and will report back with my thoughts
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Mikkel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    It may be "just a transformer, couple of caps and a discreet regulator" but like most things Naim it is very well made, and heavy, and it does add 'something' to the SN2 's sound..

Whether I prefer the SN2 with or without the HC I have no idea yet until I swap back to the SN2 by itself but I will give it a couple of weeks before I do that and will report back with my thoughts
    I most certainly agree. The content of a PSU is the same across Naim, Pardo and others. I use external PSUs for my Naim components and feel they add a lot for me. So all in favor here.

I'm Neil.

Default Hi-Cap DR - For Supernait 2 - Damn It !

Quote Originally Posted by Riislingen View Post
    I most certainly agree. The content of a PSU is the same across Naim, Pardo and others. I use external PSUs for my Naim components and feel they add a lot for me. So all in favor here.
    Yes, one thing you can’t really have enough of in audio is separated power supplies.

EDIT: oops keep forgetting Naim now also use discrete regulators like the Teddy Pardo units.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Mikkel.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    Yes, one thing you can’t really have enough of in audio is separated power supplies.

EDIT: oops keep forgetting Naim now also use discrete regulators like the Teddy Pardo units.
    Yes, they do now. I think Teddy pioneered that space years back with his units. Either way, have not heard a Naim DR but are very happy with the Pardo boxes. He offers excellent customer service as well - very responsive.

I've no idea if the Hi Cap DR is improving the SN2 or not but I am certainly loving the sound with the Maggies at the moment

I won't know for sure if the Hi Cap will stay or not until I swap back to the bare SN2 but will probably not do that for a couple of months or so
    Bev

I'm rep.

My experience source is important before adding a sep PSU to SN2

Can't recall I ever tried Naim amplication with Maggies, lovely speakers anyway.

I'm Shane.

How are you getting on with the SN2, Bev?

I sometimes get thoughts of owning one someday.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast