+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which electronic cleaner spray for Premotech motor on Rega P25

I'm Lee.

Default Which electronic cleaner spray for Premotech motor on Rega P25

Hi guys,
    I am looking to clean and lubricate the promote motor on my recently acquired Rega P25.

I have watched a video on you tube and he sprays electronic cleaning spray into the motor at both ends to help clean it and dissolve muck before lubricating.

I have been scanning the net looking at different forums and there seems to be differing opinions, with deoxit the main choice in the USA.

In the U.K. deoxit has to be imported which makes iti very expensive. From what I can read it’s good beacuase it leaves a lubricant afterwards, where as some cleaners don’t and can cause scratchy pots etc a few months down the line.

I have been looking on Amazon and come across the following cleaners

DP-60 Electronic contact cleaner degreaser

WD-40 Fast drying contact cleaner

Servisol Super 10 Switch contact cleaner

Ambersill PCC cleaner

There was even a spray can which was pretty much isopropyl which 8 have a bottle off.

Any advice or experience of using any of these would be much appreciated

Thanks
    It’s about the music
    70s Retro Yamaha YP800TT, CA1000Mk2, CT1010

I'm Neil.

Servisol Super 10 also leaves a lubricant afterwards, but it's conductive... however, people spray motors with it too. :P

Probably I'd use Aero-Klene 50, which leaves no residue.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Geoff.

I personally wouldn't use any cleaning agent, there's no telling how motor parts may be affected and in this situation a cleaning agent will just move dirt around, not remove it. You can't clean bearings properly without disassembly in any case and I believe those motors are sealed. Just wipe the bearings with a cotton bud and put a drop of fresh light oil on each one. A drop applied with a cocktail stick should be enough.

I'm Simon.

What Geoff says, just a drop on the top, light oil.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

+ Reply to Thread