+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello everyone

I'm John.

Default Hello everyone

I am John and have been visiting for a while as a guest, so thought it was about time I joined, as it seems a friendly forum.

Guess I inherited my interest in audio from my Dad and grew up listening to a Leak Stereo 30 and diy Paraline loudspeakers.

Like most people I have purchased various bits and pieces, some new but probably most s/h, particularly in the early days. Getting on for 40 years ago an early s/h buy was a diy music centre consisting of a Thorens 125 and Quad 33/303/FM3 all housed in a chipboard box, I still have the 125.

Giving the game away even more now, but having done most of my growing up in the 60`s my musical tastes are what used to be called AOR, plus a bit of folk and country. Most played album is probably a tie between early pressings of Famous Blue Raincoat/Jennifer Warnes and Dire Straits/Dire Straits, difficult to choose between First We Take Manhattan and Sultans of Swing. Last album bought was Still/Richard Thompson (vinyl).

Current system which I have had for a few years now is :
    Michell Technodec/Technoarm/DL103 - Shanling CD80 - MF Preamp 2 ( the one with the nice thick aluminium fascia and as tweaked by the man from EAR) - Copland CTA 501 valve power amp - Monitor Audio GR10 on Partington stands.

The Copland is a lovely bit of Swedish kit, really well made with two inputs, one for pre and one for cd direct, the latter used with the power amps gain control.

I also have a few other odd bits lurking in the loft.

Afraid to say that streaming has passed me by but perhaps I should give it a go !.

Regards

John

I'm Steve.

Welcome to the forum John, yes we are a friendly bunch - all the nasty members have gone to a landfill site near Marco's If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask someone else on the forum, there's a lot of knowledge here.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Geoff.

Hi John. Welcome to AOS.

I remember LNB Paraline speakers and met the designer a long, long time ago.

Take a look around the site and join in any chat that interests you, everybody is friendly.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.

I'm Grant.

welcome aboard John
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS John.

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread