+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Dorado psu

I'm Tom.

Smile SEG and Dorado

Hi all, and Stan especially.....hope this gets to the correct thread,not very good at this stuff,no hum!
    Hello from sunny Dublin, have been into Beresford gear for a while now and really appreciate the sound. Have been running a SEG for one or two years now (forget) and thought I'd get me a stocking-filler this Xmas so had a word with the man who suggested the Dorado to complement the setup I have...no probs I thought,but, was not expecting the ENTIRE improvement in sound from a power supply. It is night and day.I was running off an ankaka thought as I was off the grid the improvement could only be small if at all,but it's Christmas huh?
    I have been so gobsmacked it's absolutely delightful ,to hear details in stuff I am so used to critically listening to,and have never heard,and more than just extra detail but the musical presentation is just jaw-dropping.
    I have an old arcam cd player which I love, but actually listen to streams and my own flac collection on a NAS and stream to a Chromecast. Ok, I'm a detail man, but hope in there I'm getting the musicality, but at 63 my best listening years may be behind me??Who cares, I've a huge smile on my ears today thanks mostly just to a selfish urge to treat myself as I have been Xmas shopping for a while now and just went for it on a whim....Thanks so much Stan, hope Brexit and stuff allows you to continue bringing this priceless joy to as many people as possible
    One very happy customer
    Tom Norton

I'm tony.

Ive been very surprised with the sonic abilities of the google chrome cast audio utilising a good quality optical to the seg.

Reckon a 5v dorado feeding it would reap huge benefits....could be a blinding bang for buck streaming combo.

Rest assured when Stan gets time to get one developed and manufactured the raspberry pi mob and CCA users will form an orderly queue.

I'm Jerry.

Quote Originally Posted by nortot View Post
    Hi all, and Stan especially.
    Hello from sunny Dublin, have been into Beresford gear for a while now and really appreciate the sound. Have been running a SEG for one or two years now (forget) and thought I'd get me a stocking-filler this Xmas so had a word with the man who suggested the Dorado.
    I have been so gobsmacked it's absolutely delightful ,to hear details in stuff I am so used to critically listening to,and have never heard,and more than just extra detail but the musical presentation is just jaw-dropping.
    One very happy customer
    Tom Norton
    Try the SEG-30 Firmware upgrade next Tom

I'm Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry B View Post
    Try the SEG-30 Firmware upgrade next Tom
    Howdy Jerry, indeed the item came with the SEG 30 Firmware upgrade inc, so not sure really what upgrade I'm hearing, but the entire sound is delightful. Happy Christmas.
    Tom

I'm Dave.

Bought a new SEG just before Christmas to replace my older Caimen, its now got upwards of 80hrs on it and re-reading this post several times I think its time to order a Dorado. Sounds good now and all this talk of big improvements I think its time to speak to stan and get one down and installed.
    Amp Rega Elex-R
    CDP Denon DCD 520
    Tuner Teac T-R650 Dab/FM
    Music Player Pioneer N30 Network Player
    DAC Rega Dac-R
    Speakers Q Acoustic Concept 40s
    Speaker Cable Current is Rega FSC Quattro , Fisual S-Flex Studio 2.5mm / Ortofon SPK 100
    Interconnects Van Damme Silver Plated OFC Pro Classic XKE CDP/Tuner & Solid Silver Cyro 99.99% Pure, Dac To Amp
    Headphones AKG K550 mk3
    SUB BK XLS 200

I'm Dave.

Dorado ordered so comments later in the week, Stans on the ball as usual got a paypal invoice just come through
    Amp Rega Elex-R
    CDP Denon DCD 520
    Tuner Teac T-R650 Dab/FM
    DAC Rega Dac-R
    Speaker Cable Current is Rega FSC Quattro , Fisual S-Flex Studio 2.5mm / Ortofon SPK 100
    Interconnects Van Damme Silver Plated OFC Pro Classic XKE CDP/Tuner & Solid Silver Cyro 99.99% Pure, Dac To Amp
    Headphones AKG K550 mk3
    SUB BK XLS 200

Already in the post .

I'm Dave.

Thanks Stan, got your email with the tracking number so will monitor where its at.
    Amp Rega Elex-R
    CDP Denon DCD 520
    Tuner Teac T-R650 Dab/FM
    DAC Rega Dac-R
    Headphones AKG K550 mk3
    SUB BK XLS 200

I'm Dan.

I’ve just purchased a used Caiman SEG (with SEG-30) and Dorado PSU, do you guys leave the PSU on? Or do you switch on and wait for it to ‘charge’ each time before use?
    Av System: Denon AVR-X4300h receiver - Cambridge Audio CXUHD UHD player - Monitor Audio CP-IW460x Center - Mordaunt Short Mezzo 6 rear's - Bk elec Monolith Plus sub - Monitor Audio C265-IDC atmos - Sony TA-n55es amp.

Shared Components: Beresford TC-7240 Switcher - Nord One NC500DM Mk2 - Mordaunt Short Performance 6 front speakers

Hifi System: Rotel RSP-1068 Pre-amp - Cambridge Audio Azur 551P phono pre-amp - Rega RP2 lots of mods - Beresford Caiman SEG(30) & Dorado psu

I'm Paul.

I do the latter and even if its all been off for a few days it still only takes a minute or two to for the dorado light to go from red to green.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    Current system:
    RPi + Allo Digione
    Beresford Caiman Seg & Dorado powered by 15v Linear PSU
    Transcendent Sound Mini Beast OTL
    Amptastic Mini-1
    Klipsch KG4.5 Speakers with Titanium Diagphrams and Sonicap Cap upgrade
    110aH Leisure Battery powers the Mini-1 & Digione

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast