+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Dorado psu

I'm Richard.

I too received my firmware upgrade chip and Dorado yesterday. All very easy to insert and set up. I let it 'burn-in' for a few hours and then settled back to listen to a few test tracks I always use to assess any difference in SQ.

I endorse all that's been said! An excellent upgrade. An increase in clarity across the whole audible spectrum -but especially noticeable at the treble end. Voices and instruments seemed to have moved further forward towards the middle of the room.

I have a CD player, Apple Extreme and Logitech Touch connected to my SEG. The upgrade certainly has breathed more life into the Touch - which I hadn't used for 6 months or more.

I have a Caiman and Bushmaster in a study connected to my Mac. Shall I upgrade there too I wonder?

Thanks Stan.
    My Gear:
    Source component/s:
    Cambridge CXC Cd player; Inspire Apollo deck + Roksan Nima arm + Ortofon 2M Black; Denon TU-580RD tuner; Logitech Squeezebox Touch. Rpi with Volumio. RME DAC.

Amplification: WD KEL84+ valve amp; Rega Brio, Quad 306 (DADA modded, - in reserve)). Trichord Dino2 & Dino+ PS;

Wiim mini, Wiim Pro, Wiim ProPlus streamers

Loudspeakers:
    Living Voice Auditorium IBX-R2.
    Q Acoustics 2010 in the 'study'.

Cables/stands: Chords; Van Dammes 4mm

Any other hi-fi bits:
    Apple MacMini Pro; Senn HD598, 467,
    Linear PSs for Rpi and DAC. Pure mains conditioning.

I am still working hard on the Bushmaster I & II firmware upgrade. So no no rush.

I'm Paul.

Stan, are there any benefits to using a higher quality linear psu with the Dorado or does the Dorado do all it has to do with whatever power is supplied (so long as it's within voltage tolerance obviously)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Current system:
    RPi + Allo Digione
    Beresford Caiman Seg & Dorado powered by 15v Linear PSU
    Transcendent Sound Mini Beast OTL
    Amptastic Mini-1
    Klipsch KG4.5 Speakers with Titanium Diagphrams and Sonicap Cap upgrade
    110aH Leisure Battery powers the Mini-1 & Digione

Quote Originally Posted by Pepperamip View Post
    Stan, are there any benefits to using a higher quality linear psu with the Dorado or does the Dorado do all it has to do with whatever power is supplied (so long as it's within voltage tolerance obviously)
    The Dorado doesn't need a higher quality linear power supply, but a low noise linear power supply, which is what is offered as an optional extra on my ordering page. I have power supplies ranging from £1.00 to £300 odd, and I have tried them all with the Dorado without any issues. At the end of the day it is the Dorado that is powering your equipment, not the power supply that is connected to the mains. The mains connected power supply merely keeps the Dorado topped up with energy. So spending big on a PSU is not going to reward you with a better performance, which is already stratospheric with the Dorado in circuit.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Could you do a 5v version Stan?
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Could you do a 5v version Stan?
    Now that I know that I am onto something I shall be working on a 5V version for the RPi, and on one for general 12V use.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Good stuff, thanks Stan, will definitely buy a 5v version from you.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Grant.

Good to hear everyones' has been a success... Nice one Stan.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Jerry.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyB View Post
    I am still working hard on the Bushmaster I & II firmware upgrade. So no no rush.
    Put me down for a Bushmaster II firmware upgrade to be used with your Dorado please Stan.

I'm Abe.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyB View Post
    Now that I know that I am onto something I shall be working on a 5V version for the RPi, and on one for general 12V use.
    You should Stan..
    All hail to the Messiah of our wee computers.
    -abe-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast