+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Dorado psu

I'm tony.

Default Dorado psu

Stan,
    just wondered if I could use a Dorado to power my innous zen mini mk2 streamer?

are you able to supply different size plugs.

it is 12v dc center positive but the plug measures 5.5mm in diameter.

thanks

Tony

The existing Dorado design is mainly aimed at the DACs, phono amps, and headphone amp that I have released over the years. One reason for that is that I first want to test the commercial waters with a new concept and see if users find it suitable and beneficial or not. The other reason is that the higher the amperage of the equipment, the more "beefie" the mains connected PSU needs to be.
    So I am working on another design for things that are not my own products, and need anything up to say 2A of current. It will be connected to the mains via the existing power supply of whatever you are currently using, and a set of adapter plugs are part of the package.

I'm tony.

Stan,
    I reckon its worth a go on the the server (1.5a draw) ...linear psus are 400 quid for that implementation.

ive been toying with the idea of going back to battery ....many moons ago you helped me go off the grid-so to speak!

if the dorado is 12v dc but done really well...im in!

I'm Grant.

Default Dorado psu

Rpi's are higher at about 2.5/3amp so wont be any use there alas. There is a market for that too tho. 5v too..
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Adam.

I'd be interested in 5V Dorado too for my Raspberry Pi's.

I run two old Model B Pi's in different rooms. Both have attached Wolfson Audio Cards which feed via a digital coaxial lead to a Creek 50CD Dac in the lounge and also to my Caiman SEG in the bedroom. It is possible to run them via a 5V 1amp supply

The lounge Pi is currently fed by a 5V 2amp Ifi iPower supply. The bedroom Pi and SEG use one of those Chinese Linear 5V + 15V supplies to supply the Pi + SEG.

Any thoughts on whether a potential future Dorado 5V would work with and improve either the Chinese Linear job and iFi iPower supplies for my Pi's
    Last edited by Theadmans; 05-10-2018 at 18:58.
    Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by wee tee cee View Post
    Stan,
    I reckon its worth a go on the the server (1.5a draw) ...linear psus are 400 quid for that implementation.

ive been toying with the idea of going back to battery ....many moons ago you helped me go off the grid-so to speak!

if the dorado is 12v dc but done really well...im in!
    As per PM, you'll know a lot more after your SEG has been modded

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Rpi's are higher at about 2.5/3amp so wont be any use there alas. There is a market for that too tho. 5v too..
    From playing about, the RPi can be anywhere from 1A to 2.5A, depending on what hardware boards are bolted onto the main board. But for best sound the better audio boards have a separate DC voltage input. One of the reasons for that is that the RPi consists of a noisy digital circuit that even the best linear PSU can't cure completely. So by inserting a clean supply directly into the audio PCB on the RPi a lot of the noise from the main PCB etc is bypassed.

I am working on something, thanks to the help of someone who has lent me his RPi and audio boards to play with. So stay tuned...

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyB View Post
    From playing about, the RPi can be anywhere from 1A to 2.5A, depending on what hardware boards are bolted onto the main board. But for best sound the better audio boards have a separate DC voltage input. One of the reasons for that is that the RPi consists of a noisy digital circuit that even the best linear PSU can't cure completely. So by inserting a clean supply directly into the audio PCB on the RPi a lot of the noise from the main PCB etc is bypassed.

I am working on something, thanks to the help of someone who has lent me his RPi and audio boards to play with. So stay tuned...
    Nice One Stan!
    Adam.

Default Dorado and Bushmaster

I have been listening to a Dorado with a Bushmaster MKII this last few hours, just to make sure that the Dorado is a good match for it. That also gave me the chance to check out the functionality of a firmware mod that goes with this combination. The good news is that the combination actually works, and works extremely well. Bass is now very much more solid and firm. Vocals are clearer. I need to do some tidying up of some of the firmware code before I can get back to the listening test this evening.

I'm Rob.

Is my understanding correct that the Dorado psu needs to be powered/connected to a linear psu and that the stock psu that originally came with the SEG will not work with the Dorado?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast