+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OTL

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Default OTL

Just ordered one of these, will be shipped in a week-

www.transcendentsound.com/pinnacle.html

Heard a pimped up diy version of the earlier SE amp at a previous Owston, it’s no longer sold- a mighty 1.5w/ch!

In a lot of ways it was and is the best sounding amp I’ve ever heard. Lot of people saying this new PP version is even better, if this new one is anything like the one I heard I’ll be very happy indeed.

Just got to buy eight 300b’s now...
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post

Heard a pimped up diy version of the earlier SE amp at a previous Owston, it’s no longer sold- a mighty 1.5w/ch!

In a lot of ways it was and is the best sounding amp I’ve ever heard. Lot of people saying this new PP version is even better, if this new one is anything like the one I heard I’ll be very happy indeed.

they sound great Ali. Just the job for sensitive speakers.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Peter.

You lucky man.... very envious!

From what I’ve read and heard about these amps, their about as good as it gets.

Enjoy!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

That'll teach you!

I'm James.

JJ 300b, cheap, reliable unlike EH, good performers and well matched IME, sound excellent in my Tron, and believe me I've tried many!

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Alan.

Lovely stuff Ali, we will have to have an OTL shoot out at some time. Must get my first one re-built.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Yeah that would be good Alan, just hoping it gets somewhere near what I heard from Ray’s SE version.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazid View Post
    JJ 300b, cheap, reliable unlike EH, good performers and well matched IME, sound excellent in my Tron, and believe me I've tried many!

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Yes that was my thought. Used JJ’s in my WAD 300b monos years ago, good valves.

Hunter S Thompson

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    That'll teach you!
    Lol aye, be nearly half the cost of the amps!

Hunter S Thompson

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyse6748 View Post
    You lucky man.... very envious!

From what I’ve read and heard about these amps, their about as good as it gets.

Enjoy!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Cheers Peter, looking forward to getting these built.

Hunter S Thompson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast