+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OTL

I'm paul.

Don't spoil the ship for a happeth of tar, 4 pairs of takatsuki 300B, you know it makes sense
    Bakoon 13r Denon DP80 Stax UA-70 Shure Ultra 500 in a Martin Bastin body with jico stylus, project ds2 digital Rullit aero 8 field coils in tqwt speakers

Office system, DIY CSS fullrange speakers with aurum cantus G2 ribbons yulong dac Sony STR6055 receiver Jvc QL-A51 direct drive turntable, Leema sub. JVC Z4S cart is in the house

Garage system another Sony receiver, cassette deck

System components are subject to change without warning and at the discretion of the owner.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Not at that price lol. Gone for JJ’s.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Mark.

I have the Transcendental Sound Son-of-Beast, does a great job with my Cerwin-Vega CLS-215 floor standers.
    Not quite enough for the Yamaha NS1000M though, wish he still offered The Beast, it'd handle the Yamahas.
    Yamaha YP800, Clearaudio - Performer V2 Ebony MM - Jolida JD9II Phono Preamplifier w/Level 1 Upg - Pioneer PLX-1000 - Audio Technica VM760SLC - Jolida JD9II Phono Preamplifier w/Level 1 Upg - Marantz 125 - Jolida Fusion DAC Transport w/Level 1 Upg - Jolida Fusion Preamplifier w/Level 1 Upg - Jolida Fusion 3502P Power Amplifier - Yamaha NS1000M - Dual SVS SB-2000

I'm inthescottishmafia.

The circuit is in his book, could be scratch built.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Ked.

The old Tenor 75 OTL is the best amp I have ever heard. So I bought the Atmasphere ma60 3.2 mk2, and then the integrated Berning ZH270. They are good but I wanted to try on horns and preferred SETs. So I put them up for sale. The demand for the Atma was like crazy given the rarity in the EU. I still have the Berning listed somewhere. I will put it up in the classified on this forum when I get back home tonight. For a lot more money, the Berning Quadrature Zs 200w are fantastic amps if you want to drive some cones or planars, though not very low impedance cones or planars. They are super fast, super clean like Spectral, but unlike Spectral, have more valve harmonics, decay, and musicality. Too expensive though but are final amps. All OTLs need to be carefully matched to speakers

My write up on the Berning Quads. http://zero-distortion.org/berning-c...audio-machina/

I'm Ked.

Quote Originally Posted by paulf-2007 View Post
    Don't spoil the ship for a happeth of tar, 4 pairs of takatsuki 300B, you know it makes sense
    The Elrogs now are better than the Takatsukis since Thomas Mayer took over. The new RK 300b from KR is also good. The Takatsukis have too much midrange thickness and forward push for me to be real. The Elrogs show the hall ambience the best, slightly behind and wide. Most transparent of the three. We compared in the Alieno OTL, which is a 40k OTL from Italy, 300w http://zero-distortion.org/allnic-ae...nature-kiseki/. Some might argue on the design it is an OTL hybrid. Possible.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Heard a few diy otl’s, as well as few of the TS ones. Love to hear an Atmasphere, crazy money though.

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Ked.

I heard the transcendent kit OTL here, in the 5 way horn system. It is the second system, Karel's, listed below Guy's

http://zero-distortion.org/diy-horns/

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Thanks for the link, some interesting stuff there, love to hear those systems.

Hunter S Thompson

I'm gordan.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Just ordered one of these, will be shipped in a week-

www.transcendentsound.com/pinnacle.html

Heard a pimped up diy version of the earlier SE amp at a previous Owston, it’s no longer sold- a mighty 1.5w/ch!

In a lot of ways it was and is the best sounding amp I’ve ever heard. Lot of people saying this new PP version is even better, if this new one is anything like the one I heard I’ll be very happy indeed.

Just got to buy eight 300b’s now...
    That's the spirit, not a pussy like me who is testing a solid state amp pimped to sound like a 300b SE, complaining of costs of running a normal amp with 1 tube per channel I have.

Congratulations, this can not be nothing short of spectacular!
    Gordan.
    Speakers: Oris Swing MkII
    Amps: Thomas Mayer 300b/ Hiraga La Maison de L'Audiophile 20
    Preamp: Silver AVC by eng. Ferenc Lazar
    Phono Preamp: Shishido LCR by Solaja Audio
    Decks: Garrard 301 Martin Bastin reworked/plinthed with Fidelity Research FR64fx
    Garrard 401 in eng Ferenc Lazar solid wenge plinth with SME 3012/2
    Cartridges: SPU Spirit/ Koetsu Black revisited by eng. Salai/ Miyajima Shilabe
    Step Up Transformers: Tango MCT 999/ Ortofon T-5000/ Lumiere SUT
    Digital: Shigaclone by eng. Ferenc Lazar with Lampizator Amber II
    Wires: of sufficient length

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast