+ Reply to Thread

Thread: new member graham67

I'm Graham.

Default new member graham67

hi,
    I have been active on WAM for many years.
    For proper listening I use vinyl using a vintage themed system with a Garrard 401 with Audio Note arm and JBL 4311 studio monitors.
    I also have an office system using Quad 34/405-2 and Rogers speakers. So am a bit of a lost cause !

I'm Grant.

Hi graham. Welcome to the site. I hope u enjoy it
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Hello Graham. Welcome to AOS.

JBL speakers are popular here. What amplifier are you driving them with?

There's lots going on here, so feel free to join in.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.

I'm Martin.

Hi Graham, welcome to AoS
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Graham.

Thanks guys ��. Am using a YBA Integre DT (dual transformer integrated). Possibly due to the Troels crossovers (which remove any treble tizz caused by cross driver leakage), I have found that many amps can sound a little flat with these speakers. The YBAs lively nature is perfect for these particular JBLs.

I'm Neil.

Welcome to AoS
    Regards Neil

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by graham67 View Post
    hi,
    I have been active on WAM for many years.
    For proper listening I use vinyl using a vintage themed system with a Garrard 401 with Audio Note arm and JBL 4311 studio monitors.
    I also have an office system using Quad 34/405-2 and Rogers speakers. So am a bit of a lost cause !
    Welcome Graham nice to see you over here!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Graham.

Some good gear you use there. What is the Audio Note arm you are using? Have to confess I didn't know Audio Note made an arm.

What are you tastes in music?

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

I'm Graham.

Hi barry,
    Thanks for the welcome, it is an Audio Note Arm Three v2. Mechanically it is the same as the Arm One V2 apart from being fitted with a absurdly expensive silver cable. However Jack at BD offered me a good price on his demo Arm Three so i upgraded from the Arm One. I really like the Arm One on the 401 but the Arm Three is a significant improvement in all areas, except for being a bugger to change carts without breaking the tags, the silver wire is so thin, it is more like a filament

+ Reply to Thread